Chapter 3

"Excuse me?" I blink blankly.

"Mommy said I'm your responsibility now since she's such a shit mother." Ariel answers innocently and I try to hold back my anger.

"When did they leave?" I ask as I kneel down so I'm eye to eye with him.

"An hour ago, they said you'd be here to get me soon." He replies as his lip quivers. "I was so scared Angel." He adds in a whisper.

Why aren't I surprised? Shocked yes but this is totally a move my mother has pulled before. Afterall, she did the same with me and my dad.

"Ok so where's the rest of your stuff?" I ask furrowing my brows at his backpack and duffel bag.

"They got rid of it." He shrugs as he tries to control his emotions and I begin to get really upset so I pull out my phone and dial my mom's number.

"The number you are trying to reach is no longer in service." That fucking bitch. 

After dialing Jaxon's number and finding the same message I huff and stand to my feet. "Well come on then Ari, Jerica is ordering some pizza." I say with a soft smile not wanting to upset him anymore. 

Luckily I keep a seat in the back of my car for him, I can't believe they just dumped his stuff like that. There is no way he has any toys left in that small duffel bag and backpack. 

"Angel, I'm hungry." He says softly and I furrow my brows, they didn't even fucking feed him?

"Jerica is ordering pizza but do you want something now?" I ask and he nods, I've always felt he was undernourished so a happy meal won't hurt him. He smiles widely as I pull through the drive through, after ordering his food I grab myself a large sweet tea because that shit is delicious.

Ariel munches away as we make the trek back to my house, Jerica frowns at me when I walk in carrying his backs and drink. "He was hungry, I swear they never feed him." I whisper and she rolls her eyes. 

"You do have that text shoot next week Angel." She reminds me and I sigh, I can't bring him to a place like that.

"I have bigger issues right now Jer, Xander is going to flip." I whisper before putting his bags down. "I need to talk to Jerica for a moment sweetie, I'll be right back." I tell Ari and kiss him on the head before dragging Jerica into her room.

"What's going on?" She asks with wide eyes.

"They left him, they just fucking abandoned him with me." I rant in frustration.

"You can't be serious."

"Oh I am, they sold the house and got rid of most of his things Jerica. I'm all he has now." I explain and her eyes widen. "What am I going to do? I cashed out all of my vacation time for the ten days he's here. Plus what happens when school starts again?" I rant before sitting on her bed trying to catch my breath.

"Shh, it's alright Angel. We'll figure this out together"