He's my boss

This was requested by Lozzie10 I hope you enjoy it!!
_______________________________
Neither of them had met anybody like the other one. Every time they would look at each other they were reminded of what they wanted but couldn't have.

Joshua Matthews and Maya Hunter were madly in love with each other and there wasn't anything that they could do about it. Somehow they both knew that they were the ones for each other from the moment their hands touched.

"Joshua Matthew. I'm your new boss." He told her while holding out his hand.

"Maya Hunter." She said simply as she took his hand in hers and shook it. What some would say was professional, but they knew the truth.

After that moment it's like they couldn't keep their minds off of each other. The way the looked, acted, presented themselves in a meeting. There was no denying their feelings, except to each other.

"I have to say Ms. Hunter. I don't think I've ever met anyone quite like yourself. It's refreshing." He told her while handing her a mountain of paper work.

"What can I say Mr. Matthews. I live to please." Was her answer before walking out the door leaving him in a world wind of contentment.

They both knew it was wrong. And if the board ever found out both their heads would be on sticks. But they couldn't help the feeling that came with it. They couldn't help fall in love with each other.

"This is so wrong." She said as he pinned her up against his desk.

"You can't honestly tell me you don't feel it between us too." He replied as she put her hands on his chest to keep things from going any further.

"Rather or not I feel the same way has nothing to do with the fact that we are at work! Right outside that door are a group of people who work under you and look up to you. How do you think they would feel if they knew what we were doing." She scolded him trying not to give in to her dying urge.

"They can listen." He smirked as he leaned in.

"Josh we can't. I'm sorry."

The thought of loosing her job kept her from doing anything with Josh. She was boarder line broke and barely had enough money to make her car payment a week. She needed this job and to have it ripped away from her because of some fling with her boss would be the end of her career. But that didn't stop him, not in the slightest.

"I thought I told you we couldn't do this anymore." She said as he pulled her into his office gripping her hips as he closed the door.

"Maya it's obvious there is something between us. I'm not willing to ignore that and I know someday you're going to see just what I mean." He told her. Maya shook her head and pushed him away.

"We can't. I don't want too. I'm sorry Josh but whatever you feel the feeling isn't mutual."

That was the last time Josh ever tried to do anything with her again. Those words hurt more than a knife piercing through his heart. How she said it and what she looked like when she said it. Josh wasn't to entirely convinced that she didn't love him but for the time being he needed time to think.

Maya loved Josh with ever fiber of her being. But to her she couldn't risk giving up everything that she had worked so hard to achieve over someone that she had only known for a couple of months. She couldn't tell you how she fell in love for him. All she knew was that every time she saw him it was like her heart was screaming for her to jump into his arms. But she kept it together.

"Josh!" She gasped shocked as she opened her apartment door to see him on the other side.

"Can we talk for a minute, please?" He asked making Maya sigh.

"This is a little unprofessional, don't you think? I mean my boss showing up at my door step." She said giving him a slight glare. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"I had some time off. Please?" He asked making Maya sigh before opening the door and letting him in. He came through the door while shoving his hands in his pockets and looking at the place.

"What are you doing here Josh. I thought we talked about this a few weeks ago." She told him as she made her way around him and into the kitchen to finish making her tea.

Josh waited until Maya had her tea and was seated on the couch before he started talking.

"Look I'm not asking you to say anything but I do need you to listen. Rather or not you feel the same way about me or not I need to get this out before I can move on. I fell in love with you. I don't know how but I do know that the moment I laid eyes on you I knew that you were someone that I needed to get closer to. And I'm glad I did. From the very beginning you were someone that I could see sharing my life with. The only problem was I'm your boss. So I sat back and I watched the way your eyebrows would crinkle when you would be in concentration with your paperwork, or how when you would laugh you would throw your head back and close your eyes, and my favorite is when you're talking to someone and you're completely oblivious to the outside world. You actually listen and don't care about other people in that point of time. Those are just a few things that I could name. Give me all night and I can name a whole list of them. What I'm trying to say Maya, is that I am so in love with you that it hurts to not be with you. But if you truly don't feel the same way about me then I will go ahead and walk out this door and I won't bother you ever again." Josh finished his speech and Maya was almost in tears. She had been avoiding her feelings for so long that now that she hears Josh and how he feels it's like it hit her like a ton of bricks.

Josh waited for her to say something and when she didn't he sighed and got up and started making his way to the door. Maya swallowed before she sat her mug down on the coffee table and got off the couch.

"Josh wait!" She called out to him making him turn around. She swallowed hard before sighing.

"I- I love you too." Josh smiled as he took a step towards her.

"So what about the rules?" He asked her teasingly. Maya shook her head and smiled.

"Screw rules." She stated before closing the gap and kissing him.
_______________________________
Hope it was okay! Sorry it's been so long since I've updated I have had so much going on. I promise I'll try to update more often.