Worth the wait

this isn't going to be a smut oneshot but there will be signs of leading up to it. I don't do full sex oneshots.
_______________________________
Maya sighed nervously at what she knew was about to come. Her and Josh had just gotten to their honeymoon sweet at the hotel they were staying at. She was still in her wedding dress but Josh had changed after the reception was over.

Her and Josh had never had sex before, Maya never wanted to have that type of relationship with someone unless she knew she was going to be with them forever. No matter how much people don't want to admit it sex had attachment, and she didn't want to have sex with someone only for them to end up leaving her. But she knew for sure that Josh and her were forever.

She turned to where Josh and one of the bell hops were standing at the door putting the rest of the luggage in the room.

"Thanks man." Josh said as he handed the guy a five dollar tip. The guy nodded in thanks before heading out of the room and closing the door behind him.

Maya could feel her heart beat get faster and faster as Josh turned to her and smiled lovingly. Josh scooted the suitcases over to where they were out of the doorway and into the small closet sized hole beside it. He stood up straight and smiled as he made his way towards his now wife.

"How ya feeling?" He asked her as he ran his hands down her arms. Maya smiled as her arms started to form goosebumps from his touch.

"I'm good. I'm really good." Maya stated as she leaned into his touch smiling. Josh smiled back at her.

"That's good. How does it feel to be Mrs. Joshua Matthews." He asked her which made her smile go impossibly huge.

"Oh I'll never get tired of hearing that." She said as Josh placed her arms around his neck and then traveled his hands down to where the zipper on her dress was. Maya's breath hitched, Josh noticed and immediately stopped his movements.

"Maya we don't have to do anything tonight if you're not ready. I don't want to push." Josh said seriously as he started to take his hands off of her. Maya tightened her grip on him and shook her head.

"No it's okay. I've just never done this before." She said blushing. Josh smiled and pulled her closer to him while shrugging his shoulders.

"Neither have I." He said. Maya snapped her head up at him in shock.

"What?" She asked slightly smiling.

Josh and Maya had only ever talked about sex once in their entire two year dating relationship. And that was when they were talking about when was the right time for them to start thinking about it. Of course Maya had told him her fears when it came to having sex with the wrong person and Josh understood. They had come to an agreement that night that they would wait until marriage before they had sex with one another. Josh knew that Maya was a virgin but Maya never thought to ask Josh that question. She always assumed that he had given it away at a college party like most teenagers.

"I wanted to wait until I was in love before I made that type of commitment. Kind of like you did but I never really planned on waiting till marriage. I remember a talk that I had with my dad. He told me that sex was something magical if it was with the right person. You go around and have sex with random people it's like you're giving a piece of yourself to someone who doesn't really deserve it. And then when the right woman comes along you'd have to explain to her why you decided to give yourself up to someone you truly didn't care about and then you were giving the left overs to her." Josh explained which made him chuckle at the explanation his dad gave.

"Anyway, because of that talk I decided that kissing was as far as I would go unless I knew I truly loved the girl. You were the first girl that I ever truly loved." Maya began to tear up as she listened to her husband speak. "That night that we talked about sex. I brought it up because I knew that I loved you and if the opportunity ever came up I was so ready to give myself to you. I just wanted to know how you felt, and when you told me that you wanted to wait until marriage I was okay with that. Because I knew that if we waited till marriage then we truly would make it forever. I just didn't know that it would take me four times of asking to get you to say yes." Maya laughed at his last comment.

"Words can not describe how much I love you." Maya said as she tilted her head at him. Josh smiled as he leaned down and kissed her. Maya hummed as they pulled apart. "Although I got to say, I'm kind of glad you've never done this before because now I'm not the only one that's going to feel like a complete idiot tonight because they don't know what to do." She joked making Josh smile.

"We'll learn together." He said. Maya's heart melted as she hugged him. Josh placed his head in her neck while she rested her chin on his head. They tightened their grips on each other as they both pulled each other closer in need of one another's touch. "Are you sure you want to do this tonight?" Josh asked as they leaned back. Maya nodded.

"There's nobody else I'd rather do it with either." Josh smiled as he looked into her eyes and started to slowly unzip her dress. As Maya stepped out of it and Josh took the Bobby pins out of her hair to let it flow down her back, Josh never took his eyes off of hers. He took it one step at a time so he wouldn't scare her and make her feel uncomfortable.

Maya grabbed the belt of Josh's pants and started to undo it before blushing madly and looking away.

"You good?" Josh asked concerned. Maya smiled embarrassed. She nodded her head before looking up at him.

"I'm just nervous." She admitted. Josh laughed as he took her hand and helped guide it to take off his pants. He grabbed Maya's waist and gently laid her back on the bed while climbing on top of her.

"Let me know if you get overwhelmed and I'll stop." He said Maya laughed but nodded okay. Josh slipped off his shirt and through it on the floor before leaning down and just starring at her.

"I'm sorry I made you wait so long." Maya said as she creased his cheek. Josh shook his head.

"You were worth the wait." Maya leaned up and kissed him again as she smiled at his words. Josh took his hand and brought it to hers linking their hands together above her head. He pulled away from the kiss and starred into her eyes.

"I love you so much." He said as he put his forehead to hers.

"I love you too." She whispered. And just like that they both went into a night of love.
_______________________________
That was... Different then what I usually write But I figured if I were going to do a oneshot about sex then I would do a sweet romantic one.