|26|

The time has come;

she can no longer flee,

her soul keeps on nudging her

to the edge of uncertainty. 

So now is when 

she decides to fly with her fears, or fall with her dreams

and when she looks back,

she will have chosen the one thing,

that will set her free.

~V. Victoria 

***

Routine.

I've never had a routine before.

It's different.

Nice.

I wake up, eat breakfast with the pack warriors, Atlas and Lilah. Then I leave to train with Jay. Sometimes Jay will drive and collect me. When he does show up, members of the pack flock around him, smiling and happy to see their former Alpha.

Daisy never comes though.

After workouts, Atlas will collect me.

Then dinner.

Then paint.

Some nights I stay up, unable to put my brush down as I sit for hours in front of the canvas.

I start at the noise of Atlas knocking and coming into my room, his eyes disapproving because he knows I haven't slept.

When I'm not training, I'm at the clinic.

After painting the open spots upon his wall, Doctor Schulman has slowly, started to teach me small information about medicine.

Just the basics- how to fight infections, what medicine to give wolfs when they have a fever, or how to tend to a cut/open wound.

He always laughs and claps at my work, praising my hands and how accurate and precise they are.

"I knew you would be good at it." I flush in pride at his praise, for once feeling good that my fingers, my body, can amount to something more.

The weeks flow by.

I don't even realize how much time actually has managed to fit itself between the span of when I left my old pack, versus now, when I'm a part of Alba Rosa.

It's not until I look up at the date, realizing that the winter month is here.

Two months.

I've been at the Alba Rosa pack for nearly two months.

The air is becoming colder, no longer showing the signs of fall, but instead the coolness of winter.

I can feel a change in my body.

A change from all the training Jay and Atlas are pushing upon me.

My body is changing, becoming leaner.

I smile when I think back to Atlas's words.

"I'm not sure if I like it...,"

We were sitting in the back of his truck, gazing up at the stars.