Escape Daddy and Mummy's protective wings

A massive thank you to every single one of you. I never thought I'd gain such support from you guys but miracles do happen and I'm glad you're the miracles in my life. The comment on the last chapter was so sweet that at some point, I think a stray tear fell. Thank you all so much 😘

***********************************
Daisy

"Yeah, And she was the reason" I state.

He blinks at me in shock and confusion which slowly mutates to anger.

"What do you mean by she's the reason?" He asks his jaw clenching hard.

"I......" I gesture around the bathroom. "This isn't a conversation I imagined ever having in a bathroom" I say and he nods in understanding.

"Let's get out of here for today" he declares and I nod before what he says kick in.

"You mean skip school?" I ask and he affirms my question with another nod.

In the state I was, I wouldn't even care if he had just told me to pack my luggage and run away to Mars with him.

We sneak out of school and he opens the passenger's door for me before entering the car from his side.

He drives out of the school compound and I exhale in relief from the growing distance between me and Eve. If I had a chance, I'd never go back to school as long as she was there. Lost in my thought, I didn't notice the car had stopped. I look out the window to see where we are and I see it's like an abandoned playground/park.
He climbs out of the car and I do the same before he can come to open my door for me. When he reaches my side, he stretches his arm forward and I take his hand. He immediately intertwines our fingers and I sigh softly at how he was being so gentle with me. He starts to walk in a direction and I follow without even bothering to ask where we were going. I doubt if he was leading me away to murder me, I'd put up any restraint.

We finally reach a big tree whose top branches were already dry but surprisingly had full leaves at the remaining parts.
He sits under it and he gestures for me to do the same too. Carefully, I sit next to him and he pulls me closer by wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"This used to be my favorite playground when I was small but it got closed down and reopened in another location. And apart from I and an old man who I rarely see, I don't think anyone ever comes here. I come here when I want to relax or just be alone" he utters and I feel touched that he brought me here.
Comfortable silence rules for a while and I remember the reason we came here.

"I bet you're wondering about what I told you earlier in....." I start to voice but he cuts me off.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to, I just wanna make sure you're okay" He says. "So are you? Okay I mean" He asks.

"I will be when I finally get this load off my chest. I haven't really talked to anyone about it except my Dad and our caretaker/my nanny" I rush out in a breath and he pulls me closer resting my head on his shoulder.

"Go ahead, I'm all ears" he mutters.

"It started when we moved our company's headquarters to this country more specifically this town. Our chains of hotels quickly rose up in the business ladder and soon, we were at the top. Few months after the miraculous breakthrough of the company name, we started receiving threat letters from an anonymous source. It was considered normal for business men and apart from increasing the tightness of our security, my parents didn't really take it that serious. Then the letters turned to calls and scary mails: sometimes blood spattered over our family picture or a knife driven through dolls that had pictures of I and my parents glued to them. For some strange reason, my mother's doll always had two knives stuck in her doll; one in her head and one in her stomach" I take in a deep breath in attempt to compose myself before I continue.

"My parents didn't know I knew about the threats but they kept warning me to not even blink at strangers not to even think of talking to them. I had a security team following me to every single place I went. Then we got a new student at school, her name was Eve. She hated me and when I confronted her because my Mum had taught me to always confront my problems, she yelled at me saying I was the reason their family was in such a bad condition and that her daddy said he'd make us pay for it. I being the naive innocent girl with no knowledge of how the world works, and only seeing the good in everyone, I was determined to get close to her. In the end, I failed horribly cause all that I managed to do was make her hatred for me grow." I swallow back a sob, I won't cry over this anymore.

"The threats finally start dying down but one day, Mum and I went grocery shopping.....

Flashback

"Mum, I'm tired of buying boring vegetables. They're just leaves and last I remembered, we aren't goats so let's go to the actual human food section" I say trying to drag my mum by her arm to the chocolates and candy section.

"Run ahead, I'll catch up with you now darling" she says chuckling at my eagerness while holding an arm over her stomach making me wonder if she had a stomach ache.

I don't have to be told twice before I sprint in the direction of the chocolate with some bodyguards trying to keep up with me while still trying to keep a low profile.

As soon as I get there, I start to pack as many junk foods as my tiny arms could gather when I noticed a girl pointing at something and the man behind her shaking his head making the girl deflate. I instantly feel bad that I had so much while she had nothing so I go up to them and tap the girl's shoulder.

When she turns, I see it's Eve and she scowls harder than it seems possible, her expression mirroring the man who I assume is her father's own.

The smile doesn't fall off my face nonetheless and I stretch forward my two arms that were full of different treats but she slapped it away hard making everything pour on the floor.

"Did you miss your way, young girl?" Her dad asks with so much venom in his voice that I suddenly found it hard to keep my permanent smile on. Why do they both seem to hate me do much.

At that moment, the light go out for a second then come back on.

"How did you escape mummy and daddy's protective wings?" He jabs again mockingly.

I hear my Mother calling my name from afar and I turn my back to leave the confusing man and his daughter alone. The light switches off again and before it can switch on, I feel something clamped over my mouth and I immediately begin to feel dizzy.

What is happening?

************************

Your thoughts about Eve's father?

What about Eve?

Please tap that vote button before you go and comment your thoughts away :D I love you all and stay awesome ^_^

                          Love, Yvonne.