Twenty-Three: Devouring Me, My Nightmare

And we're almost done!  I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'll update tomorrow morning before class. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Three:

Devouring Me, My Nightmare

I kicked at him, but he used his body weight to pin me down. My nails dug into his wrists until I felt blood. My body tensed and I got sick. I tried to pull his hair, but John only had to use one hand to pin my wrists above my hand. I looked up into John's eyes and saw nothing.

"I wonder how Drake and your other faerie friends are going to take it when they find you dead?" John asked me as I bit my tongue hard to not scream and to think calmly. I have to think. Think, think, think!

He tilted his head as he pressed the knife to my right cheek. "Now, why aren't you screaming?" I tried ramming my right knee into his groin, but he laughed and sat on my hips. "Oh are you trying to be brave?"

I glared at him as he put the knife down by my head as I felt the dagger in my pocket. He now used his free hand to press it against my breasts. His eyes widened and moved quickly as I felt the urge to puke. I looked away from him.

"You're too thin, too flat," John said as if he were bored, "You really shouldn't die as a virgin, right?"

"Go to Hell," I spat at him. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"Don't you know I'm already in hell?" His face darkened as veins in his neck started to pop out. He let go of my wrist and wrapped both of his hands around my throat. His wide eyes didn't look like they had a grip on reality. "Do you have any idea what I see everyday?!" He screamed. "I used to be normal! I used to think that faeries were like fairytales and were like Tinker Bell, but there really these ugly, hideous, blood thirsty monsters!" His hans squeezed my throat as I saw the note out of the corner of my eyes. I gagged and felt my lungs for air. My stomach throbbed.

"It's not my fault...It's not my fault!" he screamed as his hands squeezed tighter and tighter. "This is your fault!" He looked at me and started to bang my head against the floor. "Do you know who hard I tried to get away from them? I wore iron and drank alcohol to keep them away! I tried to forget!" I closed my eyes as I felt my head starting to bleed. Flashing red stars fluttered behind my eye lids. I felt something warm dripping down my neck as my hands twitched and my whole body tried to fight against him.

My fingers wrapped around the handle.

I plunged the knife into his shoulder. He hollered and rolled off of me as I scrambled to my feet. Stumbling, I began to run up the stairs. The whole world spun around me as I clutched onto the wall. The stars were still flashing behind my eyes.

"Get back here, bitch!"

I ran faster and fell into a room. I fell on my knees and heard thumping on the stairs and quickly locked it.

"Open up!" He yelled as the whole door and its frame rattled under the force. I fell on my butt and held the knife up to protect me. Everything fell silent for a long moment as the colors in the room started to get hazy. "You can't get out," he told me in the calm, charming voice that I recognized. "The only way to get out is by the window and that drop will kill you, or break both your legs and make yourself easy for me." He laughed as I looked over my shoulder to see the said window.

My legs and body shivered and shook so bad that I didn't think I could move if I wanted to. I bit my lip and tried to get the window to stop moving in my head.

"I have a knife!" I called out, but it sounded like a gag in my ears. He laughed, "And I'm three times your size!"

How ironic, I thought, staring at the door, I always knew a monster would kill me, but I never thought it would take the form of a human being.