Chapter 18 (Mixed emotions)

The meeting was long and boring,she just couldn't wait to go back to her office. To add salt to the injury, Malik was sitting across from her direction,she had to keep her head on the papers in front of her because she felt like his eyes had been on her for the whole time not that she's focusing on the meeting itself. Maybe it's just one of her wild imaginations.
Her phone vibrated bringing her back to her reality,it was a message. Wondering and curious of from whom it might be, she checked the message. It was from Malik...

*I hope you're taking down the minutes of the meeting.

*Sure i am sir.

She typed and sent back to him. She stared in his direction and he nodded at her,giving her a thumbs up. She felt some kind of mixed emotions at his little act,first she was happy that he has become a little less distant and cold and second,she was still angry from what happened earlier. With the thought of how he pushed her away at his office earlier,she put a straight face on and focused on what she was supposed to be doing,taking the minutes of the meeting.
***********************

"Here is the minutes of the meeting sir,I'll have it printed later.

Amal said dropping the paperwork on Malik's table as she swiftly turned to go back to her own office.

"Where are you going?".

Malik questioned,he had noticed how she has been avoiding him,but she is not to be blamed as he was the one who pushed her away earlier. Amal turned to look at him,avoiding his gaze as she spoke.

"I'm going back to my office".

"We're not done yet Miss Mehmoud,have you forgotten about briefing me on the progress of the last fundraiser plan committee meeting..?"

He asked folding his hands to his chest with his eyes fixed on her.

"Oh yes,i haven't forgotten, i will email you about it".
She responded feeling uncomfortable under his gaze.

Noticing her discomfort, he took his eyes off her smiling internally.

"You can brief me now, no need for emailing me. Here,have a seat".

He said motioning to one of the chairs facing his table.

She reluctantly sat in the chair facing him. She has seen a little remorse by his actions towards her,although he's keeping everything strictly about work between them he was less cold. Unlike the past days and earlier. Atleast now she's seated in his office.

"Shall we.." his voice disrupted her thoughts.

"Yes sure". She cleared her throat and began.

"According to the record from the last meeting,Faisal Shariff from the engineering department will be in charge of lightning and sound equipments for the event,Mrs Thatcher will take care of the catering needs and serving,and then Mr Navid and i will be taking care of decoration, table arrangements and ushering of guests. We all estimated the financial requirements and reach the breakdown as written down here".

She handed him the paper for written work of the estimate. He took the paper with his eyes still trained on her.

"That's a great progress,i will take this written work to the financial department where a cheque will be issued,then each of us will begin to work on their given task".

She nodded at him and stood up to leave for her office. She hates how tensed she had been under his gaze.

"Do you have somewhere to be? It's like you're in a hurry or something ".

Malik stated as their eyes locked in a staring contest.

"No.. no where,i just need to take care of some work back in my office".