Chapter 46: May I take a seat?

Grillby quickly got on his feet and ran to Sans, embracing him in a warm, gentle hug.

Tears welling up in the corners of his eyes, he buried his face on Sans' shoulders.

"aw don't cry grill... it was an accident..." Sans comforted, rubbing Grillby's back soothingly.

"B-but because of my anger, I almost killed you..." Grillby softly exclaimed, silent tears dripping over his face.

"but i am alive, and that's what matters. now how about we forget all this and move on with our lives, huh?" Sans suggested, breaking the hug apart and wiping the elemental's tears off.

"Sans... I need to tell--"

"grillby. it's fine. now, what's for lunch/breakfast/dinner? whew... i have no clue what time it is-" Sans said as he got up on his feet only to fall flat on the ground.

"Sans!" Grillby gasped, crouching next to Sans and checking if he was alright.

"i'm okay... i'm okay... ow... uh, babe? w-why can't i move my legs? they're... n-numb..." Sans asked, a hint of panic in his voice.

Grillby felt a knot form in his throat and took deep breath.

"That's... W-what I wanted to tell you about..." Grillby muttered.

"When I threw the attack, it wasn't made with fire. When elementals fight against their same kind, we change the attack since hitting them with fire would just gain them HP. The attack that I intended to hit my father with was one that was toxic to any kind of monster in it's own way. Kind of like poison.... But... I have never threw an attack at a skeleton, so I have no idea what side effects could be, neither the doctors since there's not much information about skeletons because of the such small population of them. As for your legs, they will eventually heal. You were turning to dust, but we healed you. So all your magic is concentrated around your soul since you're still healing. Once you heal, your circulation of magic will resume to normal and you'll be able to walk again. The doctors say you're free to go home since you don't have anything wrong in your system that could be dangerous. So yeah that's all." Grillby explained, rapidly getting out of breath.

"oh... well..." Sans mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

Grillby sat there quietly looking at Sans, completely lost in his probably self loathing thoughts.

"earth to grillby!" Sans chuckled, waving his hand in front of Grillby's view.

"Oh... Sorry..."

Sans smiled warmly and hugged Grillby's arm.

"don't you think about it, it's okay. hey, could you bring me a wheelchair then? let's get out of this room and get some food. i'm starving. i'd say I was skin and bones, but i don't have any skin haha." Sans asked.

"Oh! Sure! I'll push you there myself" Grillby kindly offered, getting back up and grabbing a chair from the corner.

"thanks" Sans thanked.

Grillby carefully picked up Sans off the floor in bridal style and placed him on the chair.

With a long sigh, he opened the door and pushed Sans out.

He never thought something like this would happen.

It was all his fault and he hated it.

Grillby gripped the handles and kept on walking.

"don't do that." Sans softly spoke up teasingly, attempting to lighten up the mood.

Grillby looked down at Sans with a confused expression.

"Wha-"

"i mean to stop blaming yourself. it wasn't your fault." He clarified.

"How-"

"trust me... i know that feeling too well... and I don't want you going through that shit. it isn't yours to deal with..." Sans sighed, rubbing the side of his arm and looking off into the distance.

Grillby frowned and let out a small 'huh'.

"Look... Sans I'm sorry... So so deeply sorry. I never wanted nor expected this to happen! So.... Why? Why did you save him? He did so much wrong to you!" Grillby's voice quivered as he stopped halfway down the empty hallway leading to the entrance check in.

"grill.... you see... i've done many wrong things i can't explain that easily. i'm not really one of mercy like my brother papyrus, and i know for sure you didn't mean to do that in the inside to begin with. i did it because i love you. wether you know it or not, you make me a better person." Sans answered.

Without a sound, Grillby hugged Sans.

"Thank you... I- I don't know what to say... I.. I love you with all my soul... You're my everything. I'd be nothing without you... I really needed to hear that" Grillby thanked.

The two monsters clung on to each other for and cuddled together for a short minute before Sans let go.

"uh, how do you feel now?"

"Definetly better hehe"

"i can tell by the way your flames move. it's adorable." Sans chuckled, making Grillby lightly blush.

"Anyway, let's go" Grillby cleared his throat.
_____________

Once Sans was checked out of the hospital, the two got in the car and called Papyrus to tell him they were heading off to the café.

"OKAY... TAKE CARE YOU GUYS! BEHAVE!"

"will do. c'ya later bro" Sans laughed.

"BYE SANS! LOVE YOU!"

"love you too pap" he hung up.
______________

Grillby and Sans took a seat at a table and ordered a few drinks from the waiter.

"This is a nice place, don't you think?" Grillby whispered.

"yeah! this outside cafe is pretty relaxing." Sans agreed.

Sans and Grillby both tittered and kept on talking for at least half another hour, before a brief interruption-

"May I take a seat, my son?"
_______________

Ahhh school is a pain in the ass. Fuck! I barely have anytime to write.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Leave comments! Byeeeeee

What do you think will happen next? Ohohoho! Next chapter is the one where the dark secret shall be revealed! Oh yaaaasss

Some backstory is coming up~~