Falling

Seulgi’s point of view

“Heol! I’m older than you by 3 years.” Irene stated facepalming herself on the thought that she’s older but initiated those things (Pertaining that night when they were drunk).

“I’m starting to believe that I’m really crazy” Irene whispered to herself but I was able to hear it.

I don’t know why Irene was asking my age. I already knew that she was older than me. But before she could give me a reason, my phone rang.  It was the same person I called because I needed help for something. (Reference chapter 8) But the call was choppy so I decided to step out of the room. I wasn’t getting any proper signal so I went out of the hotel and walked to the park across the street.

*Flashback*

On my day off, after going to the funeral, I went to the restaurant where I worked and visited someone who pleaded for me to come. As I opened the door, the workers greeted me with energy. They were all smiling at me. I really miss this atmosphere. One of the staff walked towards me and pretended to tripped and landed on my arms. It was obvious that she planned it.

“This is the best I could do. I want to hug you naturally but I can’t due to the work’s contract” the girl whispered to me. I smiled at her silliness and hugged her tight.

“Pabo! I’m on day off so it’s okay.” I said back to her as she leans back and stood straight.

“Even so, I don’t want to sacrifice my safety while playing around with a bodyguard” the girl said sarcastically.

“Yah! You never change, Yooa” I complained to her and she just giggled with my reaction. She went inside the counter while me leaning my back in front of the counter looking at the customer. There I spotted some familiar faces. It was Irene with her friends Joy and Solar and also with my replacement for the day, Moonbyul.

Moonbyul saw me and waved at me while giving a big smile. Solar and Joy followed and waved at me as they noticed Moonbyul but my client Irene just looked at me then back to her food.

“Oh. They always go here don’t you think?” Yooa said while looking at them.

“Look at that stupid Moonbyul looking like an idiot staring at one of your client’s friend” She added while seeing Moonbyul looking all happy while guarding. I just shrugged off.

“So you really did come huh? It must be something very important that you agreed on coming here personally.” Yooa mischievously said.

“Yup. Because you were acting childish at the phone so I got no choice.” I reasoned.

“Okay. Okay. So spill it now Ms. Kang” She said cutely while preparing a paper and pen to write.

“Dig anything you can dig from the general police officer named Kim Jonghyun” I said while watching the others on the customer’s area.

“Omo! Since when did you become interested with a police?” Yooa asked because she knew that I don’t trust police at all.

“That’s the thing! She hates police so there must be something serious going on that made her want to know more about them” the girl said appearing beside Yooa.

“Exactly, Jennie (Blackpink)” I agreed and Yooa nodded.

“Hmm.. It will be hard for he is a high ranked police but I’ll see what I can do” Yooa stated.

“So what will I have in exchange?” Yooa added making puppy eyes to me.

“Hmm… Ice cream?” Seulgi suggested teasingly.