Chapter 10: Jimin Doesn't Care About You

You broke the lamp.
You broke the TV.
And you tossed the popcorn bowl out of Yoongi's hands.

How did this all happen, you ask?

I'll tell you how...

-

It was a Tuesday. Tuesday. Tuesday's are so...unnecessary? You and Jimin both agreed on that fact as it was a new week, the same routine, the same events that happened during the day, and the same skin-ship the both of you committed to.

You'd constantly peck his cheek. He'd peck your forehead. Hands inseparable, you were surprised little small hand-babies didn't grow from how hard, sweet, and loving his grip would be on yours. It got to the point where his warmth, his care, and his hold would start to make you naturally sweat. This an addition to all the things Park Jimin was allowing you to re-experience...

Now, you sat near a couch, leaning against the side with a float while the members were discussing what the plans were for the rest of the week. Like always, they were headed off to practice and you grumbled under your breath over how unmotivated you were to even walk. Listening in on their conversations, the vocal line and Hoseok went off to finish their recordings for the evening, while Yoongi and Namjoon stayed back to rest.

Seeing Jimin bend down to take your hand before he left, you shook your head. He was confused to your refusing and subtly pretended to tie at his shoes so he could whisper over at you. "Everything okay?" he asked.

"Yes, of course," you sighed out before bringing your knees to your chest, "I was just planning on letting you go without me...go and work stress-free today."

"Would you quit thinking of yourself as a burden?" he mumbled, looking over at Jungkook and Jin who hurried him up. Jimin smiled nervously in their direction before pointing out a finger and bringing his finger out, 'one sec' he quickly interjected before popping out his other foot to tie.

Jungkook's brows furrowed at Jimin untying, then retying his laces. Curious, Jungkook could've sworn Jimin's mouth moved, but did he want to question and make sure of it? No. So the maknae just watched and remained sneaky.

"I don't feel that way," you lied, smiling in his direction, "It's just its been quiet for quite some time at this point. Thing hasn't come back...I've gotten stronger...maybe I..." you trailed off.

Jimin's smile was small as he finished for you, "Maybe you don't need me anymore?"

"I know I do, you're the anchor," you said, chuckling nervously when seeing his eyes narrow in amusement. "I'll always need you during this process."

"But you want space."

"Yes?" you asked, feeling sick as you said it with a tight smile. You were just so scared over how dependent you were on him. From the way he held you and soothed you on a regular, the more you let this happen, the more you wouldn't be able to focus on anything else but him – and knowing your situation, that could be bad. Feeling what you felt for Jimin could be very bad.

"I understand," he said, chuckling as he ties the loops at his sneakers slow. "But if this is about not wanting me to worry constantly, just know that I'll probably be worrying even more when not around you."

How could someone not have their heart flutter at that? You groaned internally but kept the tight smile on your face as a reply to him. Jimin smiled before side-glancing over at everyone who waited for him. Seeing as they weren't looking, he mumbled a sweet 'bye' before kissing your temple and standing to his feet.

You stared at his back as he left, a small smile falling from your face before hearing the room go quiet. Staring over at Namjoon and Yoongi for a while, your eyes directed towards Yoongi hard. He was your bias, he was in the same room as you, but for some reason your mind and heart kept thinking of Jimin who was long gone.