Fifty Seven

Amelia Adams

My knuckles knock on Harry's bedroom door, wanting him to hurry up so we can leave. Usually he's the one to wait for me, but this time he's been taking way longer then I have.

"Harry c'mon." I say while knocking against the door.

"You're so impatient." I hear him make the snide remark from his room. I cross my arms and roll my eyes at his attitude and lean against the wall. I hear him shuffling around aimlessly in there and I even contemplate grabbing a book considering he's taking so long.

Finally the door creeks open and he walks out, making my jaw drop at the sight in front of me.

Instead of a t-shirt, he wears a black button up shirt that's tucked into his black belted pants. This shirt is unbuttoned quite low so you can see his two bird tattoos on his chest. His long silver chain accents his black apparel perfectly as it hangs down to his torso.

But what shocks me the most is when I look at his face- his lip ring is gone.

His lip has nothing but a white scar, where the piercing once was. He had a scar? Did that little black hoop cover it this entire time?

He looks at me with worry on his face, almost like he's very nervous. I smile up at him to try and boost his confidence.

"You look great." I smile at him while resting my hand on his cheek.

"Nothing compared to you darling." He smiles lightly, still looking very nervous.

"Why did you take out the piercing?" I ask while grabbing his fingers.

"I uhm, thought I should so I could look nice.. for you." He says while scratching the back of his neck.

My heart flutters a bit at the effort he puts in to make me happy. I'm truly touched by his kind act, but I don't want him to feel like he needs to change to satisfy me.

"That's very sweet Harry.. but go put it back in." I rest my hand on his cheek. He arches his brow subtly and puckers his lips a bit.

"Why?"

"Because you like wearing the lip ring."

"But don't you prefer me like this? I'm more normal." He says, mocking his usual appearance.

"No, I don't. I like you just the way you are already Harry." I chuckle and stand on my tip toes to kiss his soft lips. They feel so different without the metal hoop at the corner, they don't feel like his lips.

"You really want me to put it back in?" He restates.

My hands run through his curls, sweeping them back off his forehead. His hands place on the small of my back while he smiles down at me.

"Yes, put it back in. It's more you." I encourage and he instantly exhales sharply- holding in a breath.

"Oh thank god." He smiles before turning back to his room. I laugh as he looks so eager to go get the metal ring back. He comes back out moments later with the familiar lip piercing at the corner of his mouth.

"There's the Harry I know." I encourage as he comes out with a smile on his face, looking a little more comfortable again.