twenty-two

I'm watching that weird green duck show on nick and if this chapter ends up weird you know why

guys I hIT 500K THAT IS HALF OF A MILLION GUYS OMG I literally sit here in my room sometimes and think god I am so so lucky. you guys are the sweetest things ever and I mean it like I've made so many friends on here bc of aisle five and god I'm tearing up yo

if I hit one million reads I'll fo sho do a twitcam I know I said that about 200k but I mean it for real this time so follow me on here or on twitter so you can keep up with that! not tryna sound thirsty af but yeah!! (:

love you guys so so so much! here's some lemma so get your hearts ready I know mines not byeeeee (no joke) (sorry u know ily)

WAIT QUESTION

SHOULD I DO A SEPARATE BOOK FOR MARIE AND ASHTON OR KEEP IT AS JUST A SIDE PLOT FOR AISLE FIVE BC I HAVE A GOOD IDEA OKAY PLEASE REPLY

»

"Marie."

Emma shook her head.

He'd been trying to guess her middle name for the past ten minutes between conversations. Luke leaned back in his chair, running his fingers through his fading blue hair. Luckily, the color wasn't permanent and came out with multiple washes. Though he didn't make much effort to scrub because Emma said she liked it.

His eyes moved around the room for some sort of inspiration for a guess. "Louise," he said and she rolled her eyes, picking up a fry and popping it in her mouth. "Emma, at least give me a hint."

She shook her head. "No, it'll give it away." It was warm outside but not sweat worthy so they sat outside at the small restaurant he'd picked out. "I think you should just give up and never, ever know."

"I told you mine. Oh, I've got it! I bet that it is Burger. Emma Burger King!" he exclaimed, making a lady from a nearby table look at him. "I'm sorry, ma'am, enjoy your meal." Em giggled at him and leaned forward to look at him.

He sighed dramatically as he bit at a chicken finger. "Just know I won't be giving hints or telling you," she said, an innocent look on her face.

"I can ask your mum," he said, licking the salt off his lips. Emma's eyes shot to his as he smirked. "When can I really meet her? I'm really awkward but I'd like her to see I'm not just some blue haired punk kid."

Emma shrugged her shoulders. "My mum is actually really big on the whole cliché dinner with the boyfriend thing," she mumbled but looked up in shock when she realized she'd let the big B-word slip. Luke noticed her sudden panic and acted like it didn't faze him, when really, it did.

His last girlfriend was Savannah McDaniels and, well, we see how that ended up. Now Em let the B-word out? She obviously didn't mean it, and it was apparent both of them were mentally beating themselves up over it, so they fell into the most awkward silence you could imagine. She picked at her food with her eyes elsewhere and he glanced up from his own meal to her every now and then, which only made it worse.

"You look nice today."

Her eyes softened, meeting his with a comforting expression. "Thank you, Luke," she said. He reached over and grabbed her hand in his, linking their fingers together. "It's Rose, by the way. My middle name."

Luke looked up at her with that same charming smile that she was sure would kill her one day. "Emma Rose. That's beautiful," he murmured, eating a fry (he was really smooth). "Why don't you like it?" Her eyes flitted downwards towards the table, running her free fingers along the ragged surface.