First Meeting

Kassandra's POV

I'm nervous. Who wouldn't be on their first mission?

I hear snickering from behind me."I bet that the vamps will bite her head off" minion one says.

"I bet she'll trip on her own blade" minion two adds.

more laughing behind me.

"Hey Kassandra, do us a favor and get yourself killed okay". Chealsea, the leader of their group says sweetly to my back.

I ignore them, like always. I'm used to this sort of treatment ever since my dad betrayed the hunter corp.

Pushed down stairs, into water, mud, I get things thrown at me daily. The students and some of the teachers do the bullying and the other teachers and staff ignore it. It's like I'm dead to them. Or should be.

I pull my red hair back into a high ponytail and braid the rest down.

I feel someone move up behind me a second before I'm shoved roughly into my locker.

"Hey bitch. I'm talking to you" Chelsea says from behind me. I turn around and look into her blue eyes, not saying anything. They do this all the time, if I say anything it will only make it worse for me so I keep quiet.

"Lets go Kassandra!" my mission leader says walking the locker room, she stops and takes in the scene.

"What's going on here?" she says in a bored tone looking at us.

"Nothing" Chelsea says in a surprisingly perky tone "just giving Kass here some tips for her first hunt" she continues.

Abby, my mission leader looks at me with a raised eyebrow. I nod my head and she sighs.

"Well let's go" she says to me."Girl's get to class!" she snaps at everyone else, turning and walking out.

As I begin moving towards the exit a hand lands on the center of my chest and slams me back into the locker.

I look up into hate filled eyes. "I really hope you die today" Chelsea sneers viciously at me.

I don't respond. Finally she moves away from me and I head out to the snickering of the other girls.

In the hallway I begin to make my way to the mission room, I'm bumped, pushed, called names and get things thrown at me. It's like this everyday.

When I reach the room there are three other people already waiting, Abby, another hunter named Josh and the Commander.

"You're late!" The Commander snaps at me.

"Sorry sir" I mumble.

Muttering under his breath he turns back to the work on the desk. The room is fairly large, It has a large oval shaped table in the center with twelve chairs around it, the walls are white and plain with only the pictures of the founding hunters add some type of decoration to the room.

"This is your training mission Kassandra" The commander says to me.

"Yes sir" I reply my attention returning back to the people in the room.

"It wasn't a question!" He snaps at me.

"Sorry" I say. Josh snickers at me.

"Don't mess up, and do what others say" He continues.

I don't say anything.

His eyes flash up to mine. "That was an order!" He snaps again.

"Yes sir".

"Go" He barks at us, or mainly me. Turning we head towards the door heading to the parking garage to head out.

"Idiot" Josh seers down at me. He has dirty blonde hair and brown eyes and is 6"1. I just sigh and continue walking.

"Okay" Abby says as we reach the garage. She has brown shoulder length hair and blue eyes, she's 5"8, my height.

"This mission is simple and pretty straight forward, we've been getting reports of vamps terrorizing people in a certain area, we're going to clear those vamps out of the area. Simple". she finishes.

There are many different types of supernaturals in the world, vampires,witches,demons,elementals,ghosts,dragons,angels and us hunters. Some are good and some are not so good. Hunters deal with the not so good 'sups'. Only a certain few humans know about us. We like it that way.

We're all dressed in our hunting gear, black jeans, black shirts and boots. Hunter blades at our sides.

We climb in the van and head off.

I'm still nervous.

Pulling out of the compound I take a look outside the window. The school looks like any other overpriced school with twin towers at each side and the three story main building in the middle. There is a large tract in the back and swimming pool . The large manicured lawn in the front helps with appearances, making people think this is an expensive private school, the only thing that takes away from this illusion is the two story wall that surrounds the entire compound and the armed guards.

Checking out at the gate we head out.

***An hour later after a quiet drive**

We pull up near the attacks, park and get out. We begin walking towards the area.

About ten minutes later we hear a scream pierce the night. We share a look at each other and take off towards it. Moving so fast that the humans around us can't see us.

I sense two vamps. Moving towards them I hear a slap then a crash. Then arguing.

"Hurry up and kill her Mick". One vamp says.

"Don't rush me!" Another says.

One vamp is about to strike, Abby streaks past us and slams him back into the wall.

"what the......" the other one says looking confused.

When he turns back to look at us, Josh is already in front of him.

"Hunters". He hisses.

"Leech". Josh says pulling out his blade.

Abby has already disposed of the first vampire. Josh dives toward the other and they start fighting. After a few seconds I can see that Josh already had the upper hand.

For some unexplainable reason my gaze is drawn to the top the building whose alley we're fighting in.

There, on the top of the building is a girl with dark long hair, wearing black pants and long sleeve black shirt looking down at the fight with indifference, beside her is the biggest wolf I have ever seen.

Josh finally finishes off the vampire but my gaze is still locked on the girl. Suddenly her eyes shift to mine and I'm met with eyes that seem to be shifting color.( as a hunter we have heightened senses, including eyesight) . Her eyes are so cold, like the eyes of a killer or someone dead.

But as I keep looking at her I see a brief flicker of warmth.

It disappears as quickly as it came. I watch as her eyes widen slightly, she steps back and suddenly disappears.

I feel lonely.

Well here is chapter two. tell me what you think.