Chapter 10

I blush as his compliment and look down. "You actually don't look that much like her really, not in my opinion at least." He shrugs and I furrow my brows at him. "Yes you may have dark hair and dark eyes but so does your dad, you're shorter then her but also more confident." He adds, I sit back and cross my legs.

"You can tell that after seeing me for five minutes for the first time in years?" I dare and he chuckles.

"I'm good at reading people." He says smirking. "How are you?"

"Do you actually give a fuck how your ex-stepdaughter is doing Harry?" I snap, he pinches his lips pensively before chuckling to himself.

"Look, I know that I look like a prick right now but I can assure you that I'm not." He assures me sheepishly and I sigh. "I know we've only met a few times but those few times I learned a lot about you."

"Yea? Like what?" I ask folding my arms.

"You fear being like Nissa when in fact you're nothing like her." He says confidently and I relax a bit.

"EH, I could of changed." I shrug and he chuckles.

"But you didn't."

"Hell no." I smirk and his smile widens. "You're a lot different too you know, a lot taller then I remember." I add and he nods as he bites his lip pensively.

"Late growth spurt I guess." Harry points out teasingly.

"The hair too, it's so long. Ariel looks so much like you." I say softly, his face drops and he looks down.

"How is he?" He asks nervously.

"That's actually why I'm here Harry." I inform him and his eyes widen as he begins to panic.

"Is he ok?" He whispers, his voice full of fear.

"Oh God yes, he's fine." I assure him and he releases a breath before jumping up.

"I'm starving, can we talk over lunch?" He asks as he holds his hand out to help me up, I nod wanting to get to know him a bit more before dropping the bombshell on him. I place my small hand in his much larger one before rising to my feet. Harry guides me by the small of my back to his garage where he opens the passenger door to a dark green SUV. "Ladies first." He says chivalrously. 

Ok, I'll admit. He is charming.

I climb in and Harry rounds the car before starting it and pulling out. "Are you still in school?" He asks.

"I'm about to start my last year for my masters." I inform him and he hums in understanding.

"What for?" He asks.

"Fine arts, well more like performing arts but the title is the same I guess." I shrug.

"Really? That's amazing, I remember going to one of your shows your second year of college." Harry recalls and I furrow my brows.

"You did?" I ask in disbelief and he nods.

"Nissa was meant to go with me but she was off screwing your boyfriend probably, I left you red roses but I was never sure if you got them." He goes on.

"I always wondered who those were from since Jaxon wasn't there."

"Well, mystery solved hm?" He smirks and I nod softly. "Do you work?"

"I teach dance classes here every Thursday and Friday then I work most Friday nights and Saturday nights at a club dancing." I answer him simply and he looks over at me.

"You strip?" He asks with his brows furrowed.

"Fuck no, I'm kind of like a gogo dancer I guess? I'm fully clothed, well maybe not FULLY but enough." I shrug and he nods. "I'm just doing it for another year then I'll be looking for a fulltime job I guess."

"Eh, your mom was a stripper when I met her so I'm not one to look down on anyone." He informs me, wow I never knew that.

We pull up to an expensive restaurant and I become a bit uneasy. "Can we go somewhere else?"

"I really want their lasagna right now. Don't worry, I'm paying of course." He says cheekily before jumping out, rounding the car and opening my door as I roll my eyes.

The staff knew Harry so we were seated at a table in the back right away, I order a water while Harry orders a bottle of wine. "You still dating Xander Evans?" He asks and I widen my eyes.

"How did you know?"

"I'm in the business of knowing love." He says, he pauses and licks his lips causing my breath to shallow. You have a boyfriend, He's your ex-stepfather. "Along with many clubs and lounges I also own the local tabloid, there's been a few mentions of you in the articles with him." He shrugs and I nod now understanding. 

"Well I don't know where we stand right now with everything going on." I mumble and Harry cocks his brow at me.

"What is he in? Steroids? Drugs? Oh is he gay and fucking his coach because I heard that rumor the other day." 

"No, none of that." I can't help but giggle. "It's a bit more complicated I'm afraid." Harry studies me for a moment before leaning back.

"Lay it on me Angel." He says and I take a deep breath.

"Mom and Jaxon abandoned Ariel, I now have full custody of your son Harry."