Chapter 8

Tris POV

I hold Zeke's head as he looses consciousness. I'm not strong enough to lift him so I run to the person's apartment who I know is the closest. I bang on the door and he opens it and his eyes widen in shock.
"What do you want, stiff?"
"Four knocked Zeke unconscious and I can't carry him. Please help." I squeak.
He looks at me and eventually nods.
"Thank you so much, Peter!" I exclaim then add as an afterthought, "This kind of makes us even for you trying to kill me!"
He snorts and rolls his eyes.
"Whatever, stiff. Maybe I'll have to try killing you again!"
I fight the need to punch him as we reach my door. I open it and rush over to Zeke. Peter throws him over his shoulder and we run to the infirmary. A nurse directs us into a room. Peter sets him down on the bed and leaves. I sit in the chair next to the bed and hold his hand. With my spare hand I start moving his hair out of his eyes.

A nurse comes in and asks me what's wrong with him. I tell them that he got punched in the head and she just nods and leaves. Guess there's not a lot you can do. I notice the hospital beds quite large so I slide in next to him, my hand still gripping his. I lie on my side and carry on playing with his hair with my spare hand. I kiss his cheek and he stirs.
"Trissy?" He croaks.
"Yeah, it's me, Zekey. Do me a favour and don't talk? Four punched you real hard. I'm going to call a nurse and get Uri, okay?"
He nods and his eyes follow me as I walk out and tell a nurse, who looks around 30, that he's awake. I watch to make sure the nurse goes in and then run to their apartment.

I know they never lock their door so I storm straight in. I look around for Uri and find him and Abbie sitting on the sofa both playing the video game and kissing.
"Uri! Zeke's in the infirmary! Four knocked him out. He's just woken up and I thought you'd want to see him. I'm going back now but can you bring a bag of his stuff with you, please?"
He nods and I run back to the infirmary.

Uriah POV

Me and Abbie were half playing the video game and half kissing when Tris barges through the door.
"Uri! Zeke's in the infirmary! Four knocked him out. He's just woken up and I thought you'd want to see him. I'm going back now but can you bring a bag of his stuff with you, please?"
I nod, not knowing what else to do and Tris runs out, back to the infirmary I guess. Abbie smacks my thigh, "Come on then, don't just sit there, pansycake!"
I laugh and pull her off me. I give her a quick kiss as she follows me into Zeke's room.
"Em right, can you get him some clothes? I'll get some toiletries." I suggest.
She nods and starts going through his draws. I go into his bathroom and grab random stuff he'll need. I come back out to Abbie putting clothes in a duffel bag. I smile and put the toiletries in too.
"I'll take the bag." I offer.
"No. I'm big enough and ugly enough to carry it myself. It's not exactly heavy!" She retorts.
"Fine, then." I say.
Just as she's standing up with the bag, I pull her over my shoulder and start to run.
"This is not what I had in mind." Abbie sighs.
I laugh, "And you're not ugly."
"Am so. Don't know why you want to go out with me."
"Because...because I love you." I say the three words I've been too scared to say whilst running with her on my back to my brother in the infirmary. Nice going, Uriah.
"I love you, too." I can tell she's smiling because the tone of her voice isn't moody.
I just smile and start to run faster to the infirmary. We get there and a nurse sees me and points me towards a room. It's obvious me and Zeke are brothers from our looks. I put Abbie down and walk behind her, hugging her.