Chapter 25

Edward Johnson had been Mr. McGregor Jr.'s driver for a while now. And for all of those years he had hardly ever seen the stoic man smile. But now as he watched Mr. McGregor leave his building and walk over that of her, a large smile graced his features. 

Wallace watched as Mr. McGregor Jr. entered his building. "Good afternoon, Mr. McGregor, shall I inform her that you've arrived?" He said standing up from his seat. "Good afternoon," James replied a smile still evident on his face. "And no that won't be necessary, she is expecting me." 

"Alright have a nice day," Wallace said as he sat back down again. His fake smile faded from his face as Wallace prayed for Elizabeth. 

Elizabeth paced around the room nervously. She took another look at the clock and noted that he could be there any minute. The next second she was startled by the sound of her doorbell and a knock that followed. 

For a second she just stood there, staring at the door not knowing what to do next... She sighed releasing the breath she was holding. What was the worst that could happen this weekend? Worst case scenario she could just leave, I mean for crying out loud she is an adult. 

She composed herself before walking over to the door and opening it. Behind the door stood James with the same smile as before still plastered on his face. She only saw it for a split second before he got a hold of himself and replaced it with a smirk. 

"Are you ready milady?" He said tilting his head to the side. "Yes. I just need to get my purse and then I'm ready to go." She said putting on her poker face, not letting him know how she felt. 

"Before you do that I want you to have this." He said holding up a single rose. As the light reflected on it however it was revealed that the rose was shiny. Elizabeth carefully took the rose from his hand and stared at it. The weight of it was different then what she expected and she soon realized that the rose was made up of gold and glass. 

She stared at it for a second before looking up at him. "Thank you." She said not quite knowing what to say as she looked into his eyes.  "It kind of reminded me of you..." He said as she took a step back into the apartment looking down at the rose. 

She walked towards the kitchen before turning her head and saying, "You may come in if you want to." Once in the kitchen she grabbed an empty thin glass and put the rose in it. 

James watched her as he stepped into the apartment and sat down on a stool that stood near the entrance. His legs set apart in a way one could best describe as 'the guy pose' and leaning forward folding his hands and waiting for her. 

A smile graced his features once more as he watched her quickly glance at him before walking over to the corner where a small carry on suitcase stood. 

"I thought I only said toiletries." He said chuckling. "Well, I assumed that I would need pajama's too and such." She said not even phased by the laughter. 

"Ready when you are ma'am." he said giving her his elbow and taking the suitcase. 

"This better be good..." She said making him chuckle. 

Wallace watched as James once more appeared in his lobby. Though he still didn't like the guy, he had to admit. They still looked right together.

Wallace could see the happiness in his eyes just as much as he saw the apprehensiveness in hers... But something, however, told him, that she'd be alright. 

Edward waited carefully as he saw the two approach, we went to stand up and open the door when he remembered what Mr. McGregor had said. "I'll get the door for her." 

He watched in his rearview mirror as she carefully stepped into the car. When a few seconds later he heard and saw his boss get in he started driving. 

"So where are we going, if I may ask?" Elizabeth said as she sat up straight. "You may, but I won't tell you..." He said a smile creeping up to his mouth. "Yet." He added as she turned away.