Jon Snow - "I've got you"

You let out a deep sigh while you sat down on the edge of his bed. Your hands were covered in blood, his blood, and you couldn't help staring at the wounds that were permanently covering his chest. "If only you had not been a soldier. If only you had not been a king..." You spoke softly, but Jon was still asleep, his mind probably keeping itself distracted so he wouldn't have to feel the pain.

A few months ago he had finally found the courage to tell you that he had been in love with you ever since he had met you. He had murmured something about being too afraid to tell you. He had said something about you deserving better than a bastard. He had whispered that he maybe didn't like being a king, but he did like the thought of you being a queen.

You had smiled at him while your heart had skipped a few beats in your chest. You had always thought that your parents would force you to marry someone you couldn't love, someone you wouldn't love. And each birthday, when your parents had said that you should just close your eyes and make a wish, you had wished to get the chance to marry someone you would choose, someone you would want, someone you would long for.

But the man you had wished for was now lying naked on his bed, covered in wounds and blood, closer to death than to life. The man you had wished for was forced to fight wars he maybe couldn't even win. The man you had wished for would maybe one day not return from the battlefield, at least not with a beating heart.

"Just say it..." Jon opened his eyes and his hand reached for yours. "Just tell me that I'm an idiot, that I should have been more careful." Jon spoke softly, his throat dry and his voice a little rougher than usually because he had not been speaking for a couple of days.

You took a deep breath and you shook your head while you locked your glance with his. You would love to tell him that he was an idiot. You would love to tell him that he should have been more careful, but he had not done anything he had never done before.

He had not been anyone but the man you had fallen in love with.

"I won't." You squeezed his hand and you placed the wet cloth you had been using to clean his still dripping wounds in the bucket with cold water next to you. "I can say 'don't ever do that again', but I know that you won't listen." You licked your lips. "You are who you are and that is why you've been crowned King in the North. Because you will do whatever it takes to win this fight. The North believes in you. I believe in you." You paused for a moment. "Which doesn't mean I will be happy when you leave for your next fight without knowing when you will come back."

Jon curled his lips up into one of his rare smiles and he pushed himself up while he reached for his pants next to the bed.

"What are you doing?" You cocked your head and frowned your eyebrows.

Not even a few seconds ago he had been in a deep slumber so his body had the time to heal, now he was already trying to get up. "I want to get dressed. This war won't wait and we have to be quick." He moaned when he tried to stand up and he would have fallen on the bed again if you had not wrapped your arms around him.

"I've got you." You tightened your grip on him and reached for his shirt so you could help him pull it over his head. "You can talk to your men for half an hour. Then I need you to go back to bed." You spoke firmly. "It's one thing to lose you to this war, it's another thing to lose you to your own stubbornness."

"And I hope you won't lose me at all."