Chapter 10

Varun's POV:
"I'm right here baby." I say as my lips graze her ears, and then plants a kiss on her cheek. I saw Shraddha the moment I walked into the big hall that was filled with many popular and new rising actors and actresses. It wasn't hard to spot her actually, her eyes kept moving from the group of people she was talking with to the big entrance door. Her blue saree adorned with gold designs suited her well. I couldn't help myself to stop staring at her which I continued to do.

Her smiles are magic and her eyes are a glimpse of heaven. She was powerful, not because she wasn't scared but because she went on so strongly despite the fear. She is beautiful, but her looks never stood a chance compared to how breathtaking her soul is. In her smile, I see something more beautiful than the stars. She is more than a good woman and a good person. She is a beautiful soul who carries light in her smile and love in her bones.

From the chaos of her soul, there flowed beauty. She threw away all of her masks, and put on her soul. One look at her and I knew I'd spend far too much time trying to write a poem as beautiful as her. She longed for so much more than anyone had ever seemed to give her and she couldn't understand why. It's not like she wanted the world, just someone to help her fall in love with it.

She turns around looking at me with a smile on her lips.

"I am not your baby Dhawan." She laughs after excusing herself from the group of people.

"I am older than you, so technically you are a baby." I say and she narrows her eyes at me.

"So? 2 years doesn't make me a baby stupid!" She says and then smiles up at me.

"I'm not stupid Shrads." I shake my head with a smile.

"Yes you are!" She says. I guide her to the bar, and order myself a shot of tequila.

"Do you want anything?" I asked.

"Is there anything without alcohol in it?" She asks.

"There is a juice, soda, water, virgin drinks of course too." I say.

"I think I'll stick with the juice." She smiles and I chuckle. She orders a juice with Strawberries and Kiwis in them and I got a shot of tequila. She sips the drink and then scrunches her face which makes me laugh.

"What?" I manage to say while laughing.

"It's sour!" She says and I smile.

"It's Kiwi darling, it's meant to be sour." I say grabbing her glass from her hand and take a sip from it.

"It's not sour, you're just exaggerating." I say handing her back the glass.

"It is sour! You just have no taste!" She fires back but still end up drinking her Strawberry and Kiwi juice. I look at the shot glass filled with tequila and I have my chaser which is a piece of a lime.

"Why don't you drink yours and stay quiet?" She asks, slowly moving herself to loud music playing.

"I am, but I'm thinking to do without a chaser." I lie. I need to do it with a chaser, I can't take it just like that. As if Shraddha is reading my thoughts, she watches me with a smile and grabs the lime.

"Take it then Varun!" She smirks, which makes me think she knows that I can't take it without a chaser. I grab the shot glass and immediately drink it all in one gulp. The liquid burns my throat and I need the chaser.