Chapter 59: A Lie that's gotten a bit too Far

CHAPTER 59:
A LIE THAT'S GOTTEN A BIT TOO FAR

                "HEY, ARE we really going to do this?" Daniel asked as he followed Nikolas who had a sour expression on his face. It's not like they had a choice anyway.

"What else can we do. We obviously can't leave him alone, he almost got lost in the shop, Daniel."

After they encountered the kid and sent him to the market whole believing that they finally got rid of the problem, they realized how serious the whole deal actually is. Just as Al (as her new name was) was crossing the street, she almost got hit by the car causing the person to slam into the fence while she continued to her destination ignorant to all. And while Daniel and Nikolas waited for her for almost a quarter of hour and she still haven't came out, they realized that something was amiss. So out of worry,  they decided to come inside and check on her. As for the guy that crashed, there was ironically an ambulance car behind him so he was taken care of. They didn't know if she had enormous fortune or misfortune following in her steps, but the whole order of events that happened was too crazy to believe.

But that wasn't even the worst thing. The worst is that Al managed to get lost inside of that market and had no idea which way was the way out. How the fuck does one even get lost in a closed complex? The market wasn't even that large! It was the size of ordinary house.

So, worrying for her safety (or to be more precise: about her causing series of car accidents and eventually setting London to fire - yes, they believed that she was actually capable of that), they decided to help her finish shopping and get her back home safely.

"But we have quite the number of meetings to tend to today, won't Vincent skin us alive?" Daniel asked indifferently, it wasn't him who'd get skinned alive anyway - it was Nikolas.

"Don't worry," Nikolas finished typing on his phone before sending message and  putting it in a pocket, "It's been dealt with." Rare were occasions when he could get away from work and make Vincent do it instead, and today just happened to be one.

With the task he entrusted Nikolas with, Nik smugly used the excuse of having found some traces about that girl who ran away and he immediately had to check on them. He even mentioned that it might take a while and all, so Vincent could only sigh and go along with it - he was the one who told him that the task takes top priority, so he couldn't really go against his own words.

Of course, Nikolas was only bluffing, but if he knew that the kid he was supposed to find was actually right in front of him and he was helping him around, he'd probably spit blood from shock and disbelief.

"Whatever, I had no idea what happened today if Vincent asks," Daniel shrugged his shoulders before leading the way. They bought what needed be bought and following the map that was drawn for a certain individual lacking common sense, they led the way to the hideout, not daring to follow after her. They have never seen a person with this terrible sense of direction.

"It will be fine, just tell him that we were looking for a certain individual, and that's all," Nikolas mumbled before counting the street lights.

"Fifth, now we go left - even without those details, this map is surprisingly easy to read, I've yet to realize how did this kid manage to get lost. Moreover, from precision on this map, you can clearly see that this older brother of his knew that it was a mistake to send him alone and knew that he'll get lost with a normal one. Truly remarkable," he continued before throwing a glance behind his shoulder just to make sure that the kid was following. Luckily, he was, Nikolas would let him get further than two metres from him, just in case. He wouldn't dare underestimate kid's talent for getting lost.

"I can see where that is coming from," Daniel replied as he threw a glance at him as well, "If one of my siblings was like him, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't let him even walk around our home alone."

"I'm amazed you can even survive with twelve of them, are you sure you'd want one more?"

"Why not, father always welcomes more children to spoil. And is good for training nerves, so I'm good," Daniel shrugged before sighing. He was the only biological child of his father. His mother wasn't his wife, but someone who accidentally got knocked up. It's not that his father never thought of marrying her, it's just that he never knew about anything until Daniel was two years old, and his mother dead. Daniel never found out what happened and truth to be told, his father never let him know. His current wife had been married to him by the time Daniel was one year old and seeing how she wasn't capable of birthing children, she raised him as his own. But as Daniel grew, she grew more lonely, so they had a habit of adopting children and have now gotten used to it. Just a month ago the filled another document and we're about to adopt twins there were barely three months old.

Why waste children and doom them to live without parents when you could raise them and give them love they need. And their family being rich as it was, they had no problems with resources to do so.

"Ah, we're here? Eh, what's with this place? It screams "scam" to me," Nikolas widened his eyes as he came face to face with a run-down factory. Rubbing his forehead, he took one more glance at the paper before frowning.

"There's no mistaking it, this is the place, alright," Daniel added as he did the same thing as Nikolas, "Maybe there's a house behind the factory of something?"

"Probably, there's no way someone would even live here... What's this place anyway? Was it always here?"

"I did hear we had four abandoned factories around this area, but I never really bothered looking for it. Moreover, this one seems like it belongs to our company, right?" Daniel asked before getting closer to the sign next to the gate, "Here, it's notice with our trademark," he pointed and Nikolas sighed.

"Kid, where is your house around... No, you probably don't know. Why am I asking you out of all people—"

"It's there, we're really here!" she smiled as she pointed to it, "Thank you so much for bringing me here," she thanked Daniel before turning to Nikolas to whom she only clicked her tongue before moving ahead.

"Home sweet home," she nodded to herself as if she had accomplished something great before going inside.

"Kid, you do know that this is private property, right?" theirs, but whatever. It's not like they gonna use it in a while.

"Of course, it's where I live so it's normal that it's a private property," she nodded and Nikolas groaned. Does he even understands what words "private" and "property" even mean? You can't just chose someone's house randomly, settle in it and then call it yours. This world doesn't work like that, you need to pay. Pay! Use money!

"No, that's not it," Daniel voiced out what Nikolas wanted to say.

"Did your parents tell you that you live here? Have you been living her your whole life?" he asked her and she shook her head.

"It's only me and big brother here. Our parents are gone." Even she was amazed by how good her acting skills have become.

"Gone?" the two's faces paled when they heard it. Undoubtedly, they understood that his parents have died and for who knows what reasons, they were forced to live here.

Daniel's heart almost broke. He could care less about anything else, he was so adopting them!

Nikolas, on the other hand, didn't know how to take it to his heart. This literally felt like it destroyed his beliefs and whole life's worth of knowledge - despite situation not having reached that level yet.

And Alis? Ignorant to all, Alis seriously can't have known that a little, harmless lie she had practiced with Wolf for days in case someone asked about her origins, would actually bring about disaster in her life.

Who in the world would expect that a rich person would want to adopt you just by hearing that you love on their unused property alone with your brother and you had no parents to raise you?

Truly ridiculous.