Chapter 2

The next morning, Cordelia and Pierce woke up early. "Did you get Luka to go back to bed?" Cordelia asked sleepily to Pierce as she rolled over and laid on his chest. Pierce yawned. "Yeah. It took a few minutes to actually calm down, though. But he was able to eventually go back to sleep in his room." Pierce said.

Cordelia sighed. "This has happened for the last two years now. Where's been getting nightmares about this." She said, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. Pierce shrugged. "He can't help it. He can't pretend what his biological father did, didn't happen. It's going to haunt him forever." Pierce sighed. Cordelia sat up and sighed.

"Mama? Daddy?" Their four year old son, Blaze asked as he slowly opened their door. Cordelia looked over. "How'd you get out of your crib?" She asked as she helped the toddler boy onto the bed. "I couldn't sleep last night and Luka let me sleep with him." Blaze said and crawled into the spot between Cordelia and Pierce. "I'm hungry." He said and got under the covers and cuddled into Pierce. "And I too short to make food."

Cordelia chuckled and ran a hand through Blaze's hair. "I was getting up anyways to make everyone food. Mind waiting a few minutes?" She asked as she got up. Blaze nodded and set his head on his father's shoulder. "Okay." Cordelia said and walked into the living room then the kitchen. In the past two years, Kaden had taught Cordelia how to cook more things than just being able to make sandwiches.

Pierce laid on his side and looked down at Blaze. "Hi daddy." Blaze giggled. Pierce smiled down at Blaze. "Hey bud." Pierce said. "Why did Luka leave our room last night?" Blaze asked. Pierce's smiled faded as he thought of something to tell his child. "Luka said he couldn't sleep. Told me he tried. But needed to think. He finally fell asleep though. Don't worry." Pierce lied. Blaze didn't believe but he took his father's answer and just said, "Okay daddy."

Olivia yawned and stretched as she woke up and shuffled out of her room. "Liv! Liv!" Rosalia called, standing up in her crib. "What?" Olivia said as she shuffled over to the crib. Olivia was a whole foot shorter than the top of the crib. "Can you help me?" Rosalia asked. "Rosie. I am short. I can't help." Olivia said. She looked out the door. "Mommy? Daddy? Luka?" She called.

Seconds later Luka lazily walked out of his room and into the girls' room. "What, Liv?" He yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Rosie wants out." Olivia said. Luka trudged over to the crib and grabbed Rosalia and set her on her feet. "There." Luka yawned again. "Thank you bubby." Rosalia said and hugged Luka's leg before running out the room. Seconds later, Mekhi ran after Rosalia.

Luka looked down at Olivia and Olivia reached her arms up to him. "Come here." Luka said and picked her up into his arms and carried her out of the room and into the living room before finding a spot on the love seat and set her on his lap. Their relationship grew over the last two years. Olivia trusted Pierce and Cordelia but Olivia trusted Luka even more than that. Luka always felt calm and could forget his past while being around Olivia.

Cordelia came out a few minutes later. "Hey you guys. Go get food. I'll go get your other family members." Cordelia said as she entered her and Pierce's bedroom telling Pierce and Blaze food was ready then going into Genevieve's room. "Genevieve?" Cordelia asked. Genevieve didn't move. "Genevieve?" Cordelia asked again and walked up to her and gently set a hand on her shoulder. Genevieve didn't move again. "Pierce!" Cordelia called.

Pierce came into the room. "What?" He asked. Cordelia looked at him with tears in her eyes. "Genevieve. She's gone." Cordelia said and wiped tears from her face. Pierce walked up to them and wrapped an arm around Cordelia. "I'm sorry, babe." Pierce whispered.

"Mom? Dad?" Luka asked, standing in the doorway. They both looked at him. "Is she... is she.. dead?" Luka asked. Pierce nodded. "Oh." Luka said and looked down. "I'm sorry, Luka." Cordelia said and walked over to him and gave him a hug. He hugged back. "At least she's in a petter place." Luka said.

Cordelia sighed. "Yeah. She is."