Chapter 30

Silence followed my words.

I barely managed to stop the smirk which was about to take place on my face. I just told Christopher that I wanted to be his woman.

Christopher Luca Santobello was speechless for the first time in his life. And I was the one behind it. He surely didn't expect this kind of gesture from me.  At least not this soon. But if I was to be honest with myself then I felt something which could be only explained as nervousness.

Perhaps I feared his reaction.

"Excuse me?" Christopher finally manged to contain himself.

"I said I want to be your woman"

"My woman?" His cold voice questioned to which I only answered with a simple nod.

"What made you think that you can be mine?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Because I want to" Was my simple answer. Before he could say anything else I spoke again.

"I get what I want because I ask for it" I said with a smirk.

"And what is it that you want?" He ran his hand up my neck.

"You"

Christopher momentarily closed his eyes. When he opened them again all I saw was pure amusement. This was only a game for him. He wouldn't know what hit him when he falls for me.

"Do you really think that you can just ask me and you'll get it?" He crossed his arms together. I felt my hand which was held just a short second ago burn. I wanted his hand back.

"Won't I?"

"I am impressed by your courage, princess." Antonio's voice cut off whatever Christopher was about to say.

"Don't call her that." Christopher said sharply.

"I believe it's my pet name. Only I am allowed to call her that. And only I can make her enjoy it, don't I?" Christopher turned to me.

"You do, love" I flashed him with his own nickname completely ignoring Antonio. I glanced at him and the look he was giving me was enough to know that I was in big trouble.

"I can call any woman mine, that won't mean I am truthful." He murmured refereeing to before.

"But I am not just any woman." I whispered behind his ear.

"I am special. I make you feel something you've never felt before. You carve for my attention." My hand played with his hair.

He closed his eyes an unbearable expression crossing his face.

"Is that what you tell every single man you play with?" His voice came out deeper than usual.

"No, only you." I let go of his hair.

"What makes you think I feel something towards you?" He crossed his arms together.

"Don't you remember that I'm playing too?" He chuckled.

"But I am not playing anymore" I lied.

"Yes, Princess you aren't just playing anymore. You are now in the game, and you are pretty good player. Too bad I am better than you " He murmured.

I was about to say something when Christopher roze from his sit and left for the bathroom.

I took a deep breath once he was out of sight. My heart was beating ten times faster. What was happening to me?

"What a good preformance. You got me in tears" Antonio's sharp voice rang like needles in my skin. Why couldn't be just leave me alone.

"I wasn't preforming" I folded my arms together.

"Oh, you weren't?" Antonio roze from his sit too.

"Then what was that? Did your undieing feelings for Christopher just awaken?" He walked towards me.

"Something like that" I muttered tearing my gaze away from him.

"You may lie to yourself but you can't lie to me. We all know that in reality you are nothing but a little slut." The words stung like a bi**h. And it hurt me because I knew he was right.

Nonetheless I stood my ground.

"Are you jealous, stronzo?" My voice was sharp. It was void of any emotion.

"Jealous of what?" He laughed.

"Don't pretend like you don't know. I could smell your bitterness from outside the plane, Antonio." It was my time to smirk now.

"Or are you gonna deny that you would've loved if that was you insead of Christopher?" I chuckled.

"You are pathetic. Stop thinking that every man is after you. This world doesn't revolve around you " He said coldly.

"Of course the world doesn't resolve around me. That would be physically impossible." I smiled at him.

"But It does because I am a princess."

This man thought he could win this game. He thought he would pin me down and make me feel low by his sarcasm game. But he didn't know that I invented the game.

I knew that ever man wasn't after me. I wouldn't even wish for it. But enough of them were after me and that's exactly why he was lying.

"Of course, Your Majesty." The bitterness was evident in his voice.

"Yeah, bow down. At the end that's exactly what your gonna do." I answered back harshly.

"More like kneel down in front of your dead body. After Christopher finds out, that's exactly what your gonna be" He threatened.

"I am not afraid of you, Antonio. Your little games don't faze me. Go find someone who is interested in kindergarten."

"I know what your intentions are, Gabriella. You want to seduce Christopher in hope of wrapping him around your little finger. You think when he falls for you then you'll have everything you have ever wanted. The money, the attention and of course the title of a hero. You'll be the woman who made Christopher Luca Santobello fall. You'll find out everything you need for your family and then cut his threads like the little bitch you are and leave him hanging like a helpless puppet."

I couldn't help the gasp that escaped my lips. Was this what people really thought about me? Did I really seem so heartless and cruel?. Of course I was this heartless. I wouldn't survive in the Mafia world if I wasn't.

But hearing this from someone else made it much worse. In my mind this didn't sound as cruel. In my mind I would just win the game and prove him that he won't ever make me fall in love with him. I would be the first woman to ever win his heart. But finding out information and handing it to my family would be something I wouldn't do. I didn't know why was I acting this way of course, but I wouldn't do that to him.

What was I thinking? It's exactly what Antonio said. No, no. I wouldn't ever do that to Christopher. Something in me wouldn't let me be that harsh. I wouldn't back down from the game, but I wouldn't leave him helpless either.

How stupid could I be? I talked as if he was already head over heels in love with me. But I still had a task to do. I had to make sure I don't get hurt in the process.

"You are wrong, Antonio. It is not my intention." I finally found my voice.

"Oh, yeah. I completely forgot about your identity. Do you really think that he will love you knowing who you really are?"

God dammit. Why was everything so hard for me. Why couldn't I just be a normal person. Why did I have to be the Mafias daughter? 

I had to be strong and make sure he has feelings for me as soon as possible. If he was to find out about my true identity then I was far gone.

"He will" Was what I said before Christopher walked back. I turned my head away from Antonio and closed my eyes.