Chapter 18 - Edited Once

Stella 

(Edited Once)

"Who's hungry?" Julian asked as he put the pizza boxes on the table. He got back at eight in the evening, and I got butterflies just looking at him.

"We just ate, but who could say no to pizza? Isn't that right, Stella?" Skye winked. I nodded.

I can eat some more.

Not because I'm hungry or that I like pizza, it's because I don't want to make Julian sad.

He's too sweet to say no to, and I need to talk with him about the kiss.

Was it just to shut me up?

Was he making fun of me?

I'm a toy in his eyes or what?

"Good, now dig in, ladies. I'll take a quick shower then I'll drive Skye to Cody's house. He wants to see you," Julian cleared then he headed upstairs. I took a slice and watched Skye put on a mix of spices on the pizza. They were not even for pizza.

That's gross, but people have different tastes so I can't complain.

"Stella, are you okay?" Skye's sudden question took me off guard.

I looked into her eyes and saw concern, worry, and sadness. "Yeah, why?"

She sighed. "I don't know, I mean, your life was hard, and I didn't know. How are you feeling?  leave your physical status aside, tell me about your mental status, are you tired?" she asked, but I felt like an arrow struck through my heart because she hit a nerve.

She's right.

I'm exhausted. Not just tired.

"Yeah, but everything will be alright. I have you, Julian, and his parents' support. I'll survive like I always do," I said.

"I love you, Stella, and if Julian treats you wrong in any way, though he would never, just tell me. You have my number, and I have a shovel." Her indirect threat made me laugh, and I felt at ease.

"Don't worry, he's too sweet to do that," I said, but she frowned.

"If only you'd know," she whispered, but I got confused. What did she mean? Was Julian not sweet? Was it an act?

"What do you mea-" I was cut off by Julian's sudden appearance.

He glared at Skye, probably because she said something she was not supposed to say, which made me worry. "Okay, let's go, ladies. Stella, we will drop her at Cody's house. I'm not leaving you alone, not after yesterday's incident." He held my hand, and his touch instantly sent shivers and sparks down my spine.

It felt amazing. 

"Come on, let's go. I missed him." Skye got excited to see her boyfriend again.

She really loves him.

Apparently, she's living with him.

After we got into Julian's Jeep, Skye started singing what was on the radio. I sat next to Julian, and Skye sat in the back. It was Skye's idea for me to sit next to him, but I did not object.

After five minutes of intense singing, Julian snapped. "Skye, would you just shut up? You can not sing to save your life. Whoever told you that you have a lovely voice, was lying to make you feel better, but I'm family so, you suck." Julian's outburst shocked me, and I felt bad for her.

She does have a terrible voice.

"I know my voice sounds like a dying cat, but I can't help it. I love singing, so suck it up and drive quietly," she replied with a sly smile, and I sighed.

Now she won't ever stop.

Way to go Julian.

~~~

When we arrived, Cody was already waiting outside. "Hey guys," he greeted, and I shook his hand.

"Good evening, Cody. Please, take good care of my best friend," I said, smiling, and he returned a wider smile. I saw the sincerity in his eyes.

"I will," he simply replied. He was a great man from what I have gathered so far, perfect for Skye. I hoped to see their wedding one day.

"Okay, we'll be off. Cody?" Julian said as we were about to leave. "Tell your girl not to sing because she has an awful voice," Julian pleaded with his eyes, and Cody stiffened. He went through that before.

"Yeah, I know what you're talking about," Cody sighed then Skye hit his back. Really hard. He winced in pain.

"What? You're supposed to be on my side, not his. I'm your ma- girlfriend," she pouted, and I chuckled.

They are so cute.

But what always grabs my attention was that they always change what they wanted to say. What they are hiding? Well, it's not my place to ask. Not now, at least.

"Sorry babe, I love you." Cody kissed her nose, and I melted at the sight. Skye's cheeks turned red. I could not blame her. We were suckers for romance.

"Bye guys, we need to go," Julian put his arm around my shoulders, and I liked how natural his touch was becoming. 

Is admiration at first sight a thing?

 We started walking to the car. "What do you want to listen to?" Julian asked me after we drove off home. Home? Did his house feel like home? Was I that broken?

"Whatever you like," I replied.

"Okay then, you'll love this song." He turned on the radio, and the song If You Told Me To by Hinter Hayes was on.

I love this song.

"Hope you enjoy my singing," he said and I looked at him, confused and worried.

"Don't tell me you sing like Skye," I pointed out.

"Oh no, I really have a good voice. That's why Skye's singing bothered me. She was so off-tone," he replied, and I sighed with relief. He cleared his throat and began singing.

He can sing.

When he took a lift after the junction, he abruptly stopped the Jeep and I almost bumped my head on the dashboard, but he held me back. "Oh shit, not now," Julian whispered under his breath. I looked at him confused, but then I looked at the road, and my eyes widened.

Wolves...

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys ♛

I hope you liked this chapter :)

Things are getting serious, so embrace for the impact guys because shit is about to go down, lol.

Please vote and comment ☆