Chapter 7

"Kill your little sister?..." Ed said again, he was thinking, not productively, but he was.
Killua nodded, "She has an ability that's dangerous to those who don't know how to use it."
"Use it?" Alphonse questioned, "It sounds as though you use her."
"That's what my family intended to do at first, but..." Since she's run away with me, "Things have changed."
How badly can something change for his family to kill one of their own? Edward stared at the ground, determining whether or not he should say it. His lips thinned, "What did you do Killua?"
The boy scoffed, and pointed at his chest, "Me? You're the one who nearly killed your brother probably, I have only protected my sister!"
Alphonse raised his hands to stop Edward from punching the white-haired boy.
"I bet all you've done is put her in more danger!" Ed yelled back, his hair was standing on end.
Killua bit his cheek to prevent himself from killing him, "No."
"Obviously you have," Ed kept on pushing, "Or else your insane family wouldn't be trying to kill her!"
"Shut. Up." He balled his fists.
"Let's not get carried away here."
The three turned to find Roy Mustang.
Ed glared, "We weren't getting carried away."
Killua stepped back from the group, he almost turned on his switch. He took a deep breath, and exhaled.
"Okay, so we're still looking for this Scar guy, right?" Killua shoved his hands into his pockets, "But by your face, I take it we're not," he dead-panned.
Ed looked to both his brother and the Colonel, which didn't get missed by the young ex-assassin.
"You see," Colonel Mustang started, "This isn't a matter to be discussed with outsiders."
Killua's mouth tightened, "Do you want my help or not?" Today was just not his day.
"I'm not sure how much help you can be, Killua-san," Roy sighed, "I've only heard that you're strength is good."
The boy glanced at the three, and sighed, "Okay okay, I'll tell ya."
"Tell him that you're actually a killer?" Ed barked, crossing his arms.
Killua shook his head, "That was the old me," he smiled, remembering the fun times in the Hunter Exam, "Where I'm from, my... rank, is considered to be one of the highest."
"Really!?" The Elric brothers yelled in unison.
"So pro-Hunters are that important..." Ed continued.
Roy Mustang put out a hand, "How can we believe what you're saying?"
"I mean, I've already told them," Killua reached into his pocket, pulling out his Hunter licence. He always has it on him.
He handed it to the Colonel, and watched as both Ed and Al peeked over.
"..." Roy looked at Killua, "We can't read this."
The boy rolled his eyes, "Well, it's my Hunter Licence, we're like State Alchemists- or ninja."
Edward gave an odd look, "Ninja?"
"Yup," Killua smirked, "But we use nen, didn't they already tell you?" He eyed Edward.
Ed shook his head, "I was going to tomorrow."
Suddenly Killua felt a sinister aura.
He jumped out of the way, just in time to be too late as he was struck against the building across the street.
"What the hell..." he rubbed the back of his head, then saw it. It was a chubby short bald guy, wearing all black. Blue light exploded from the ground, conjuring a cement box to capture the guy. Once it did, it was broken into pieces by his fists alone.
"Shit," Killua cursed, he wiped his mouth, just make sure he wasn't bleeding. He wasn't.
He examined what was happening.
Alphonse held onto one arm as Edward sent a cement fist towards the guys gut. Roy Mustang stood back, and was in position to... snap? You've got to be kidding me, What good is that gonna-
Fire exploded right where the bald guy landed after being thrown back by the punch.
"Oooo~ cool!" Killua smiled, then ran into action. He had charged up last night.
"Godspeed."
"What did ya say now?" Ed gave a similar look as before, his eyes widened as Killua suddenly was engulfed in electricity.
In a blink of an eye, Gluttony was thrown into a nearby bakery, not knowing what had happened to him. He tried to stand, but with the electricity coursing through him, it made it difficult. He stumbled.
Ed took the chance and was about to squash Gluttony with, yet again, a giant pavement hand.
Original. Killua thought.
Roy Mustang sent fire as well, and Alphonse quickly drew a transmutation circle.
Killua saw it coming before anyone else, another being dressed in black. It grabbed the guy by the collar and went into the sewers behind them.
The fire and cement crashed into each other, creating a massive gauge in the road.
Killua de-activated his nen, "Who were they?" Killua trotted over to Roy, he took out a yo-yo, "I didn't even get to use these..."
Colonel Mustang looked down at the white-haired boy, "Was that the nen you spoke of?"
Killua glanced from his yo-yo, "Hmm? Ya, but no one can do what I do."
"You're too confident," Edward took a handkerchief to his forehead.
He shrugged, "What was that guy? Normally that much electricity would kill a person," Killua's face scrunched up, "Not that I was going to kill him."
"Uh-huh," Alphonse patted him on the shoulder, "Sure."
"He was a homunculi."
Killua narrowed his eyes, "A person who was artificially made?"
Ed nodded.
"At least they aren't half monster," Killua half-grinned, "'Cause Chimera are not fun to deal with-"
"-We know."
Even though the Elrics had different notions of chimera than Killua did, they understood each other in that moment. They all knew of the horrors that are brought with people who aren't fully human.
^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^

Omg sorry for the late update, I even said I'd update by 1pm and I completely forgot to! I've been busy, and lately I've taken up knitting, but I found out that I suck so I switched back to my favourite way of making things, which is finger crocheting! Hopefully you like this chapter! I recently auditioned to be in the Ceremonial Guard in Ottawa, my audition was bad though so I probably won't make it 😅
Thanks for reading!!
-mycatWalter