T W E N T Y - T W O

Rhys

Approximately one hour later, a loud knock sounded on my office door.

"Come in" I yelled before standing up and greeting the Alpha pair.

"Nice to see you again Alpha and Luna Matthews" I motioned toward the seats in front of my desk "I hope your cabin accommodates all your needs"

"You call that a cabin?" Luna Matthews snorted "Its the size of our house and trust me, our house is huge"

I laughed "I see, do your children enjoy it?"

She nodded "By the way, your mother is a wonderful woman. I can't believe how nice she is"

"Or how quickly she found us" Alpha Matthews chimed in "You weren't kidding when you said she really loves babies"

"I hope she didn't give you any trouble" I winced "She has the nose of a bloodhound and I'm convinced she uses that nose to sniff out babies"

The Alpha pair laughed

"No trouble at all" Luna Matthews smiled "In fact, she was a big help. I would have had to stay with the kids if she didn't volunteer to babysit them for me so I could attend this meeting"

I groaned "Good luck trying to pry her hands away from them. She's probably on her way to the adoption agency right now to legally adopt them. By the time we're done with this meeting, I'll have a pair of new siblings"

They laughed again before turning serious

"I suppose we should get down to business" I sighed "Firstly, tell me the information you have and then I'll tell you what I have. We can go from there. I just want everyone to be on the same page and have no miscommunications"

Alpha Matthews nodded "We were just visiting my parents for a while. Usually, whenever my sister hears my car pulling up on the gravel road, she races down the stairs to be the first one to greet us. When my mother opened the door to greet us, I became immediately suspicious"

"I told him there was nothing to worry about, maybe she just didn't hear us this time or was busy at the moment" Luna Matthews grimaced.

"I agreed and decided to give it a while, after all, my siblings are teenagers" Alpha Matthews said with a chuckle "Anyways, after an hour of not seeing my siblings anywhere, I decided to ask my mother where they were. When she said they were in their rooms, I became worried. It's not like they couldn't hear us. We were talking loudly and Serenity was crying non-stop. There's no way their ears didn't here us"

"So, I decided to check on them" Luna Matthews said "I was walking upstairs when I saw they both slumped on the top stairs"

"And here we are" Alpha Matthews said "They've been out of it for 5 days"

He pierced me with those dark green eyes and I sighed before standing up.

"I think it'll be best if I show you" I motioned for them to follow me as I made my way down to the infirmary.

I began to talk about what I knew so far as we exited my office.

"Two days ago, at approximately 6:30 pm, A Pack member found four of my closest friends slumped outside of the Pack house. I was called into the infirmary where I found them all passed out with bandages on their arms. When I inspected their arms closer, I found that they had deep gashes which I presume are claw marks on their skin along with severe burns"