Death and a Funeral

Luna: We chased after Joshua to make sure that he was okay. It is hard to deal with the death of a mate but it has to be extremely difficult to deal with killing your mate. " We need to shift to scent him out and separate. I have already linked the pack to come and clear her remains in a bottle so that we can have a proper funeral and we will scatter her remains afterwards."

Serenity: "Alright let's go I want to make sure that he doesn't do anything to harm himself." After we shift we run for about 15 minutes before we find Joshua. He is naked in human form in the fetal position at the trunk of a huge tree. When we come up to him still in our wolf form he doesn't even budge. He continues his sobs and it breaks my heart. I look over at Luna to see that she has already shifted and she is compelling him to be calm so that we can take him home. She lifts him just as easily as she would a baby and places him on my back and she gets on behind him. Once I am sure that they are secured I start our travel back to the pack house. Once he have him dressed and bathed we lay him in our bed. He is still crying but softly now. It saddens my heart to see my best friend in so much pain and it's all because of the BEB they will pay for this.

Joshua: As soon as she was gone my wolf pushed me back to the front he burros himself to the deepest part of my mind he can find and he howls and whines in grief and agony. I run off still in wolf form trying to reach him and yell at him how could he kill our mate. He stated that a force took over it was the protector in him. He couldn't not protect the future queens of all supernatural beings. After this was brought to my attention questions came to my head. I thought they were just werewolf royalty but he said supernatural queens. I couldn't think on it I was in too much pain. I feel as if my heart has been ripped from my chest. My beautiful mate is gone because of me. No because of the twins needing stupid protection. I walking with my wolf in the darkest part of mind I fell into his body and he wrapped himself around me. I was only partially aware that soft hands were carrying me. I felt a slight peace take over me. Warm water then a soft surface under me. I started to come back to reality and I start to feel the pain of my mate not being near me. I hear whispers and I whimper at the pain that I feel. Feeling submerged in pain I close my eyes and wait for the end to come knowing that it is right around the corner. I feel warmth surrounding me that causes me to open my eyes. I see Luna in front of me and I turn my head to look over my shoulder and I see Serenity behind me. They both offer me sad smiles with tears behind their eyes. "I'm trying very hard not to blame you but we killed our mates under the compulsion of being your protectors I think that I need some time to myself to grieve." I felt and saw the pain behind my best friends' eyes we grew up together as if we were brother and sisters but their closeness and comfort is only dragging me deeper into despair.

Serenity: I feel the pain through the bond and I and hurt as well but I refuse to let this come between us. He is my partner in crime and I will not loose him. I see Luna getting up and I grab her hand and look at Joshua. "There is no way that we are leaving you mister. I'm not sure that you understand the severity of this situation. You not only lost a mate. We lost a best friend, a Beta female, a protector, and a sister. This effects not only you and us but the whole pack. When we address this with the pack we all have to be strong and we refuse to leave you in your time of need. We did not request that you become our protector this was from the Moon Goddess so do not give us that. We are still here for you. We will not leave your side until you find your second chance mate and you kick us to the curb again. I pull Luna back onto the bed and we cuddle with our friend. Both of us pushing nothing but love and acceptance towards him to help him sleep. We follow behind him in a hopefully peaceful sleep because tomorrow we are planning a funeral.

Luna: I woke up to make us breakfast. I looked over at my mate and our best friend cuddling like they use to when we were younger. I walk to the restroom to relieve my bladder and brush my teeth. I jump in the shower and wash myself in my coconut water bath soap and my wash my hair with my Shea and almond butter shampoo. I dry off and leave my hair to air dry in it's naturally curly state. I walk down the steps and pass by a lot of sad faces I pass them offering a small smile which seems to brighten the mood of the pack house. I guess that's why a Luna is so important. I step into the kitchen and decide on a huge breakfast for the pack. "Everyone needs to be up and showered within the next 2 hours for a pack breakfast!" After making sure the whole pack knew about breakfast a handful of cooks came in to help me with getting everything ready. I ask a couple of them to go to the dining room and make sure that we had everything cleared out and to bring in the rest of the tables and chairs. We make everything breakfast related. Waffles, pancakes, and crapes, eggs, hash browns and grits, bacon, sausage, and ham, we also had 10 pitchers of apple juice , 10 pitchers of orange juice and 10 pitchers of mixed fruit juice. Once the table is set and everyone has made it down we all sit and Serenity stands.