xviii.

so a week ago this had 2k reads and today it has 3k...haha thanks fam

"I'm not going."

"You're going."

"No."

"Yes."

"You can't make me."

Namjoon raised his eyebrows at his son's sass. "Excuse me? I think I very well can."

Yoongi scrunched his nose and rolled over on the ground so his back was facing Namjoon. "Nuh uh."

"Oh really? You want to bet?"

"I'm five years old. I can do what I want."

He'd almost be cute if I didn't want to smack him right now.

Although...now I see why Tae drew him as a turtle.

"You're not going to be a big boy and get up by yourself today?"

"I am a big boy. So I can make my own decisions."

"Big boys go to school."

"Well, today I'm a little boy."

Namjoon smiled. "Little boys get...scooped up," he said, scooping Yoongi up into his arms, only Yoongi had a death grip on the rug, and it lifted partially off the ground.

"NO! I'M NOT GOING TO SCHOOL TODAY!"

"You're going to school. With or without the rug."

***

Five minutes later, Yoongi was buckled into his seat - rug attached - and Jin was twisting around in his seat to look at him.

"Why are you being so crabby today?" Jin asked, frowning. "I'm your hyung so tell me!"

Yoongi crossed his arms over his chest, pouting. "I'm tired. I want to sleep."

"So?" Jin asked, blinking his long eyelashes. "Just sleep in school."

Yoongi thought about it. "But the the teacher yells at me and wakes me up."

"Tell her before class that you stayed up all night studying," Jin whispered wisely, eyeing the front door and keeping a lookout for Namjoon. "Then she'll be proud of you and let you sleep. It works for me."

"No, you just use your face to get out of trouble."

"Oh. Right. That too. Have you tried that?"

"When I smile, she glares at me and asks who I hurt."

"That's probably just because you stabbed that one kid with a pen."

"He kept poking me and wouldn't let me sleep."

"Yeah but the adults don't really like it when you stab people with pens."

Yoongi frowned, uncrossing his arms. "Well, if they'd all just let me sleep, nobody would get hurt."

"Have you told your teacher that?"

"Yeah, and she said...she said, 'Yoongi, you're too young to be making ulti...ultim...'" Yoongi stopped, pursuing his lip.

"Ultimatums?" Jin asked, his eyes lighting up.

"Yeah. How did you know?" Yoongi asked, forgetting his anger and instead channeling a new vein of curiosity.

"That's what Daddy says. He says, 'I have an ultimatum for you. Either you do your homework and go to bed, or...'"

"Or? Or what?"