19.

What a waste of money! What a waste of what could've been a good night! What a waste of a good face! Ugh!

After changing into some sweats, fluffy house shoes and a raggedy shirt that I stole from my dad I angrily watched tv.

I was mad at myself that I was so clouded by getting back at Zion-wait we only said yes to go with Vincent because Zion asked Pricilla? No no no, that can't be. I distract myself by looking at the tv, a Dairy Queen commercial showing through the tv.

My stomach growled as the tv pictured a perfect banana spilt.

I got up and grabbed my phone, wallet and car keys and I walked out and locked the apartment door. Even though it's Saturday night and homecoming was Friday I still wasn't over how Vincent was treating me and how I was just letting it happen. I'm so helpless..of course I let this happen to me again.

I let the music fill my ears to take my minds off of things as I drive to the nearest DQ.

I find one and park my car in the little parking lot in the back. I order and wait, taking my order once it's out. I take a seat and start eating.

What if I really did just say yes to Vincent because Zion asked Pricilla to homecoming...what if Pricilla and Zion did it. Or is that just a prom thing?

"No! No! Get off of me! I don't know you!"
"Let me help you. It's okay, I won't hurt you."
"No! Get away! Get away!" I shoveled the ice cream in my mouth, the voice of who ever was yelling sounding familiar.
"It's okay. Let's try to get you home."
"No! Stop! Stop!" I get up as I see a glimpse of Zephyr's face.

I stand up, knocking my banana spilt to the ground as I race over to him and the old man.

"Zephyr?!" Zephyrs face lights up as he sees me and pulls me into a crushing hug as he cries. "I'm sorry sir, I'm his sister. I told him I'd get him ice cream but he fell asleep in the back of the car but I left him in there and I guess he thought I left him..." The old man looked in my eyes, looking genuinely worried for Zephyr but he took the bait.

"No problem. You sure do got a strong boy there." I smiled, rubbing Zephyrs back as he sobbed. "Thank you."

I walked Zephyr to the table, my barely eaten banana split on the ground. I sat him down and bent down in front of him do I could try and see his face. "Hey, bud. What happened? Where Zion?" He yelled. "No! Don't talk about him!" He sobbed violently and I grabbed a napkin from my table and wiped his face.

"Okay okay, lets calm down. Okay?" He slowly nodded. "S-sorry for y-yelling, Clem." I smile gently at him.

"It's okay. No more yelling, how about some ice cream?" He nods shyly and takes my hand as I go back to the line and order him a cone and me another banana spilt. We eat and after that we're driving in my car.

"So, you ready to go back home." He shakes his head. "No..never again." I sigh and start taking the long way home.

"If I take you home you have to tell me what happened." He bites his thumb and nods.

He runs up to the apartment room excitedly. I knew I was going to be in a lot of trouble. Both from my mom and Zion.

I handed my mom her banana spilt and coke before she could say anything. "Who's this, Clementine." She says tightly. "Zephyr, this is my mom. Mommy this is Zephyr. My friend who I found crying." She gave me a glare and looked to Zephyr who shyly smiled at my mom.

"H-hi Ms Reeves." My mom looked to me and back to Zephyr and gave him a warm smile. "Hi, Zephyr. You can call me Margo, that names Clementines." Zephyr nodded but seemed a little confused making my mom laugh.

"I have a different last name, it's Meza." His face seems to connect the dots making me smile. "Oh! I see!" I smile, "Okay, I'll be in my room. Clementine." She gives me that look and I nod knowingly.

"Alright Zephyr. We had a promise." His face saddens and his eyes water as we take a seat.

"H-he said I complicate h-his l-life." My heart broke. "A-and that he c-can't take it a-anymore." I held Zephyr as he broke down in tears, I saw my mom in the corner of my eyes and she gave me that nod and a sad look on her face.

I wanted to kill Zion.

"H-he was yelling a-and hitting stuff and b-breaking everything." I really wanted to kill him. "I'm so sorry Zephyr. I'm so so sorry."

Zephyr took my bed and I took the couch after a long night of movies, games, laughing and vines.