|28|

It was rather beautiful, 

the way he put her insecurities to sleep.

The way he dove into her eyes, 

and starved all the fears, 

and tasted all the dreams she kept, 

coiled beneath her bones. 

C.P. 

***

I lose count of the hours.

It's late and I'm working by lamplight.

The hour is well past midnight before I hear the door open. I don't turn around and look. I can already tell by the smell it's Atlas.

I feel his heat close to my back as he watches me work.

Turning around, I see his eyes wide and in awe of the colors I've displayed for him to see.

"Lexie...," he looks at me then, his eyes still wide and mouth slightly hanging.

"Do you like it?"

"I...don't have words at the moment."

I feel a giddy sensation run through me.

If Atlas wasn't there, I probably would have twirled around and done some small silly dance to show off my excitement.

"This is the sunrise," I point to the rising sun as it filters over the top of trees and mountains.

"This is the waterfall," I point to the torrent of blue, as it cascades down, leading to a garden.

"This is the garden," my fingers dance across the path, leading into the foliage of roses and vines as they dance to a green clearing.

"And this is the field."

Atlas's eyes meet mine.

"You painted our date."

I hold up the photos, small splatters of paint on some of them, "I painted our date."

He laughs then. A laugh that has me joining in with him as he unexpectedly grabs me and raises me into the air.

"Ah!" I shriek and laugh with him as he twirls me around, softly and slowly lowering me down to meet his lips.

"I love it."

I smile into his lips.

My smile disappears though as I look at his neck.

He frowns at me, his smile fading also as he takes in my change, "What?"

"I...," I look away from him as I whisper, "I got paint on your neck."

He places me upon the ground as he tries to look at the stains I've caused to his beautiful skin.

"I'm sorry Atlas. If I wash it right now it won't show that much and-,"

"It's fine."

I pause at his words.

"What do you mean fine? There's paint on you and,-"

"Lexie," the smile returns to his lips as he cups my face in his hands, "I said it's fine."

I shake my head slowly, "You don't understand Atlas, you're the Alpha, you can't have that on you or the pack,-"