17

I leaned against the elevator as it descended down to the lobby. I pulled on my suitcase as the doors opened, I went to the front desk and checked myself out. I went through the front doors and hailed myself a cab.

As I was putting my things in the trunk, someone grabbed my carry-on and placed it in the trunk. I looked up to see Luke.

"Thought you might need a hand." He said, shutting the trunk and looking at me.

"Thanks." I said, smiling small.

"You're welcome. Have a safe flight Tara." He leaned down and hugged me. "We'll visit Christmas break." He said.

I hugged him back and nodded, "And Luke. Don't leave her again, okay? She wasn't alright when you left. Don't hurt her again." I said softly.

"I won't. I promise. No more leaving." He said and pulled away.

I nodded. "Take care and tell Alli I'll be sure to call her when I land."

"He will not tell Alli anything because she's here to give you a goodbye hug." Allison said, walking up and hugging me.

I laughed and hugged her back. "Of course she would."

"Did you think I'd let my best friend leave without saying goodbye?" She laughed, pulling away and looking at me beside Luke. Luke slipped his arm around her waist and smiled at her.

I smiled at the two. It was nice seeing Allison happy, she deserved it. Luke is everything to her and he always will be. They were meant to be. "Well I'll be leaving before I witness a make-out session." I teased.

"Oh hush." She laughed. "I'll visit Christmas break." She wrapped her arm around Luke, "We both will." She smiled.

"I'll see you then." I hugged the both of them and smiled. "Make sure to use protection, don't want her popping out a baby so soon Lucas." I said and laughed.

"Tara!" Allison laughed.

"Don't worry about that Tara." Luke laughed, leaning down and kissing Allison.

"Okay that is my cue." I interrupted. "I'll call you when I land Alli, bye Luke."

"Bye Tara." Luke waved.

"Have a safe flight." Allison said, waving.

I waved and looked up at the hotel and caught a figure on the 4th floor. I looked at it for a second or two then got in the cab, waving though the window at Luke and Allison.

Before the cab drove away, I looked up at that window and that figure was gone.

~

After a couple of hours on the plane and a drive to UCS, I walked up to my dorm and opened the door to be greeted by a girl on the other bed.

"Holy crap." I jumped a bit.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." She said, standing up from the bed.

"No, it's alright. I just thought you weren't supposed to be here till next month." I said, pulling my things in and shutting the door.

"Plans changed for me." She said.

I nodded and took off my jacket, hanging it over my closet door and turning toward her. "Tara." I said, outstretching my hand to her.

"Julie." She took my hand and shook it.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled and then walked to my bed, falling back on it.

"Same, so uh, how is it here?"

"It's good. Good classes and such." I took out my phone and looked at it for a minute or two.

"Boys?"

I looked at her and laughed, "They're good too, just don't get fooled by their looks."

"Experience?" She asked.

I nodded. "Just watch out."

She nodded.

I stared ay my phone for awhile. There was nothing on it, I know I told Alli I'd call her when I land but she's probably having sex with Luke.

I so badly wanted to dial his number.

I did.

And nothing.

I walked into English and sat in the front. I was tapping my pencil against my book but stopped when I seen Ethan walk in. I looked down at my book, but I could feel his eyes on me.

Throughout the class, I could feel him staring. I knew he was.

"Mrs. Collins, would you like to share what you did this past weekend?" The professor asked, snapping me out of my zoning.

I looked at him and nodded, "Went to Notre Dame to see my best friend play soccer, got accused of cheating on my boyfriend only to find out he was cheating on me. Dumped his ass and now I'm here." I said plainly.

He coughed, "Alrig-"

"What if your boyfriend only did that to get back at what you did to him?" A voice, who I knew was Ethan's, asked.

I didn't turn around, I just answered still facing forward. "That's pretty stupid, indicating the fact that I didn't do anything."

"What if he assumed you and your best friend were sleeping with each other because of how much time you both spend together." He asked.

"Then he's an idiot because I don't feel that way towards my best friend. He's just a friend." I answered.

"If he said he was sorry, would you take him back?" He asked slowly.

I scoffed and turned around, looking right at Ethan. "No."

He looked back at me, "What if he tried everything to get you back? Would you give him a second chance?"

"Never, because he'd only accuse me again." I turned back around and he didn't say anything.

The professor shifted a few times, but continued the lesson, there were whispers around the room, but I only ignored them.

After a half hour, the bell rang. I got up and went out the door but someone caught my arm.

"Tara, can we talk? Please." Ethan begged.

"No, now leave me alone." I said, taking my arm back and walking away.

Christmas break is in a week. It's been about a month since I broke up with Ethan. It's Thursday and there's a frat party tonight. I wasn't going to go but fuck it, I'm determined to get drunk.

~

I wore my knee high brown boots with a semi tight dress and a coat. I put my hair in a high ponytail and put on light make-up.

"Where are you going all dressed up?" Julie asked.

"Party, want to come?" I asked, looking at her through the mirror.

"Uh, I'm good." She said, scratching her shoulder.

"Don't be silly, you're coming." I said, checking over myself.

"What?"

"Get dressed, we're going." I turned around and smiled. "Let loose a bit, maybe even find a good guy."

After awhile she agreed and we went to the party together.

It was going to be one good night.

A/N

I have no clue where I'm leading this, but let's see where it goes.

I just randomly typed this.

Vote, Comment, Etc.

Love you guys xx