Meeting Emily

Chapter 15

•••

"Are you sure?" Samuel asked his little sister for the millionth time as he drove towards his place where his fiancé waited for both him and his sister. He would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous. He was terrified. The two most important girls of his life were meeting each other in a few minutes.

With an eye roll, she responded,"I'm sure. Afraid I'm gonna do something?" She has been annoying her brother on wanting to meet his Fiancé. It had been four months since she's been in La Push and she still hasn't met her. From what he told her, she seemed like a lovely person, from his perspective.

"I'm afraid that you two won't get along," Sam admitted, while pulling up a few feet away from his house.

Patting his shoulder, she responded,"I doubt that. She seems like a lovely woman from what you told me about her." As she was about to step out of her brothers truck, he grabbed her wrist causing her to turn around and give him a curious look.

"There's something you need to know. Uh, when you see her don't stare at her too long okay." At that he got out of his car and walked inside his house.

"Why would I stare?" She asked myself as she too got out of his vehicle and began to walk to where his house was at.

As she stepped in the house, the smell of muffins smacked her nose. Ignoring the wonderful smell, she glanced over to where her entire was at only to find him sharing dna with a woman who she assumed was Emily. Seeing her brother kissing a woman in front of her wasn't a very pleasant sight to see but she kept her thoughts to herself not wanting to ruin their little moment.

Samantha coughed signaling to them that she was there in the room. They pulled away once they hear her cough. Her brother gave her a sly grin while Emily hid her face in embarrassment. She didn't want to give her fiancé's little sister a bad reputation of her.

"You must be Samantha. Your brother wouldn't stop talking about you since you've come back," Emily told her.

"I'm Emily," she introduced herself as well as hold out a hand to Samantha who nicely shook it. Now Samantha understood why her brother told her not to stare at her. Emily had three claw marks, that she recognized, on her right side that had stayed as scars. Aside from that, she was beautiful.

"My brother wasn't joking when he said you were beautiful," Samantha said wanting to embarrass her brother a bit.
Sam sent her an irritated look meaning that Samantha was doing her job right.

"I gotta get to work. I'll see you soon," he gave one finale kiss to Emily then gave a hug to his sister then headed outside.

"Would you like a muffin?" Emily asked as she pointed to a basket, that was in the kitchen counter, full of muffins.

Samantha's mouth began to water at the amazing sight,"Yes please."

***

Normally when Samantha talked to people for an hour of even half an hour she would fall asleep from boredom but with Emily it was different. The woman was actually keeping her entertained. She would tell Samantha embarrassing stories of her brother that made Samantha feel somewhat happy that her brother had an amazing life while she was away.

"Well enough about me and your brother. How about you tell me about what you've been doing for the last couple of years."

The grin on Samantha's face had worn off and was replaced with a blank expression. "Samantha?" Emily called out but it sounded distant to her.

***

"Get up now!" Shouted the man as he looked down at the young girl who was had bruises all over her arms as well as scratch marks on her back.

Trying her best to quickly get herself up from the ground, she placed her hands in the stone cold wall and picked herself up ignoring the bleeding and painful feeling that was coming from her side. Once she was up, she was met with a hard cold hand.

"S-stop," She pleaded as she grabbed her now bruised cheek.

"Turn around!" He commanded ignoring the pleading look she was giving him.

Doing as she was told, she placed her hands on the wall. Her back facing the man. She knew what was about to happen to her. She shut her eyes, hoping that all of this was just a dream and that she'll wake up with her parents alive as well as brother who would be fast asleep in his room.

She bite down on her lip when she felt the familiar tassels hitting her back. Opening her eyes that were looking at the ground, she saw her own blood all in a puddle. She tried her best to not scream for help not wanting to get sent to a room that she was terrified of.

Tears had escaped her eyes but no sounds came out of her.

***

"Samantha," Emily shook her shoulders gently which caused her to snap out of the horrid memory.

"I-I I'm sorry but I c-can't." Without another word, she vanished out of the room leaving Emily wondering what she had done to make her like this as well as how she disappeared so quickly.

***

Her eyes glanced at the water that showed her reflection. No tears escaped her eyes even though all she wanted to do was let it all out. She didn't want her friends or a therapist to help her with her problems. She wanted her parents. She wanted to hear her mothers soothing voice. She wanted to be wrapped up in her fathers warm bear hugs that she loved. She wanted them back in her life.

She glanced at her reflection through the water of the river. To everyone, all they saw was a girl who had a smile on her face even though had she lost her parents.

To her, she saw a little girl who had witnessed her parents get killed. Who was tortured for the last eight years of her childhood as well as half of her teenage life. She saw a little girl crying out for help. She saw a little girl who was broken both mentally and physically.

***

Now that I think about it when I write Samantha's flashbacks, what the hell am I putting my baby through?! Why am I writing depression stuff when it's Christmas like what is wrong with me. But either way, I hope you guys still liked this chapter even though it's a bit sad in the end. Hope you all have an amazing day with your families xx

Vote | Comment | Follow
-EVERYTHINTRASH