43: photo.

UNEDITED !!!! (Will edit later)

Toby had left the cafe and I spent the remaining twenty minutes of my shift lost in my thoughts. The cafe was supposed to shut early today as Lynn said she had an appointment at the doctors, but with a cancelled appointment she decided to keep the cafe open. Which meant I had to continue working. I didn't mind, I just wanted to sleep to be quite honest.

The sky had gotten a little gloomier as the sun began to lower, ready to hide behind the horizon and the tall buildings that made the London skyline. The sky was painted beautiful shades of amber and swirls of dusty pink, streaks of red mingled in the shades and created one of the most beautiful sunsets I could ever witness. The sky was clear, no clouds remained, which meant the night sky would be as clear as the day. The stars would twinkle and be brighter than ever, and the moon would light up the darkened and dimly lit streets.

Lynn was talking to a young woman who was probably in her early thirties, the discussion consisted of the pretty sunset and the banana muffins that Lynn had baked. The banana muffins seemed to be a customer favourite in here, and personally a favourite of mine too.

My fingers played with a loose thread on one of the tea-towels hanging against the counter top, an outline of Queen Elizabeth sewn into the fabric. Lynn goes on and on about how she once met the Queen. It was one of those street things I think, where the Queen comes out to say hello and it's raising money for something. I'm not sure, I'm not sure Queen Elizabeth does many of them at her age anymore, but it was a big deal back in the day. So Lynn says. Lynn got a photo on her Polaroid when they met, it's hanging in the cafe actually.

I let my eyes focus on the bustling streets outside the large windows of the cafe, so many businessmen and women, children and elderly walking home or to catch taxis. A young girl, maybe slightly older than me, with blonde hair came striding in.

Her long legs on show as she wore blue denim dungarees with a basic white t-shirt underneath. She was wheeling along a black suitcase behind her.

"Hi there, what can I get you?" I asked, tugging on my rubber gloves.

"A banana muffin, slice of gingerbread and two teas please," she said, briefly explaining how she wants the teas done. She sat herself on one of the tables by the window, the same table Toby and I were sat at not too long ago.

I placed the cakes on the tray and turned my back to the front of the cafe as I made the teas. The bell of the door ring out but I didn't look at who came through the door. I placed the two cups of tea on the tray and headed towards the table, another person had joined the blonde traveller. A man with dark hair hidden slightly by a blue beanie, he was staring down at something on the other side of his bag that was sat on the table in front of him.

"Here's your order, if you need anything else give me a shout," I smiled to the blonde. As I began removing things from the tray the man snapped his gaze to look at me. And like all the wind was knocked out of my lungs I saw him. "Harry?"

He shoved whatever he was looking at in his bag and pushed it off the edge of the table, hiding something from me.

"Do you know each other?" The blonde asked before giggling slightly. "You probably do, considering Harry comes here so much."

"Well actually, I haven't seen Harry very much the last two months if I'm honest. So I wouldn't say he comes here often," I shot back, harshly putting her fork down.

"This is Luna," Harry said quickly. The blonde practically choked on her tea that she had sipped, her blue crystal eyes like saucers as she looked hesitantly between Harry and I. "Um, Luna, this is Kate."