Chapter-37

I squeaked like a rat.

Arianna ran towards me. I stared at the lovely psychopaths around us. I glanced at Shah for help but remarkably, he didn't seem very pleased. Oh come on. It was like an ounce of poison. He didn't die!

"Ms. Seran," Nozava said in a nasal tone. Wow, he's an asthmatic rat.

"I uh..." I looked at Arianna for help. She looked at Elizaveta. Elizaveta looked at Kai who was looking at me. Great.

"Umm?"

"Kestrel, what happened in the courtyard today?" Kai prompted. He'd gone cold and professional.

"Tokyo tried to kill me," I said slowly.

"Tokyo?" Nozava frowned.

"Yeah, but I evaded him. Tokyo Drift style."

Elizaveta muttered something in Russian under her breath. Well, I think it was Russian because nobody should use such words in English.

A man with blonde hair and ice blue eyes similar to Elizaveta's looked at her. And sneered.

Dragomirov.

Now where did I keep my lighter again?

"Elizaveta, what are you doing here?!" He demanded.

She looked pale all of a sudden but Kai stepped in front of her. "We're not here to discuss her. If I wanted to watch a bad family reality TV show, I'd watch Keeping Up with the Car Dashing Cunts," he said coolly.

"It's Keeping Up with The Kardashians," Ryo muttered.

"You watch KUWTK?!" Julian asked and looked at Ryo like he had a halo glowing on his head.

"I like Kylie," Ryo muttered.

"Kendall is better," Julian said.

"Khloe is my personal favourite," Shah muttered.

The Circle turned to look at him. Well, point four percent of the Circle at least.

"You saw Tochio," Kai said, saving Shah from the embarassment.

"Yes. I saw him! He tried to kill me!" I cheered.

Nozava looks at Shah. "Tochio was here?!"

Shah nods gravely. "He was here when I was poisoned. I think he intended to kill me."

Shah's acting was remarkably convincing. Maybe he was an undercover Bollywood actor. If he was then maybe he can defy the laws of physics as well. It doesn't look like he cares much for laws anyway.

Dragomirov uttered a word which I guess was the Russian equivalent for 'fuck.'

"He killed Talaq! We knew it was someone in the Circle!"

I looked at Kai and tried to bite back a smile. Hello, Nikolai Kaito Nozava.

"But all fingers point to you, Kaito," Nozava said to the son he didn't know was alive.

Elizaveta stepped in. "Who told you it was Kai?!"

"Eliza, calm down," Ryo whispers.

"Who. Told. You. It. Was. Kai?!"

"Nakamura," Shah confessed.

"I think we have established by now that Nakamura is not to be trusted," Ryo days. "Tochio tried to kill Samir Shah."

"Nakamura was caught at Nathu La," Dragomirov sneered. "Surely he didn't rat himself out."

"Tochio ratted him out," I said.