Opposite Day!Edd ×Tired Writing×

A/N: Hey two Opposite Day AU's in a row! I'm not complaining though, I love this AU! I may have gotten a little self-indulgent with this while trying to write a story for creative writing, but hey, this story turned out good so I can't complain!

Request for: DJRainbowDashhhh(who it for some reason won't let me tag-)

Your eyes burned, your legs were long since asleep and numb, and your hands would violently twitch and slam against your keyboard from time to time, but you didn't care. You had to get this story done, though even you yourself had forgotten why.

Hours, perhaps even a day had passed since you began your relentless typing. You had yet to leave your room, save for the one time you had to use the bathroom. No one had tried to bother you, except Tom. But, the childish man always gave up after the thirty-second 'please' and ran off with Tord.

Why were you even writing this in the first place, you pondered. Why had you wanted to write this? Because it was fun? Because it was easy internet attention? Because some evil and dark force was compelling you to? You didn't know.

You were tired, bags under your eyes, hell you could barely keep your eyes open anymore. Noticing your own need for sleep you set your laptop aside, crawled out of your warm and comfortable bed, and laid on the floor.

With your cheek pressed close against the carpet you noticed how badly your floor needed to be vacuumed. You decided you'd do it later; when you weren't praying for death on your bedroom floor.

As you laid there your thoughts and mind wandered to many things. Things like why you were alive, or how nasty this old carpet was. You also took the time to reflect on your feelings, not about anything in particular, just reminding yourself that yes, you had feelings.

A timid knock interrupted your feelings jam with the gross carpet. Judging by the fact that it wasn't loud or excited banging on your door you quickly ruled out it being Tom or Matt.

" (Y/N)? I-it's me! Can I, um, can I come in?" Edd called sheepishly.

"Ya!" You replied, voice muffled from your current pose on the floor.

The hinges on the door squealed as Edd entered your messy bedroom. You weren't going to move from your spot by choice, so Edd did it for you. The trembling brunet pulled you off the floor and back onto your bed.

"(Y/N) are you okay?" He asked quickly, his eyes searching yours, as if they held the answers he was wanting.

"No!" You groaned dramatically, tossing your head back, "Everything's going wrong Edd, everything!" You whined, pressing your face into the blanket.

"E-everything?!" He stammered, surprised at your hyperbole.

"Yes, everything!" You cried, "I don't want to write this stupid story anymore, but I don't have a choice! And I'm so tired I feel like I'm dying, and... And!" you wailed, curling in on yourself.

"There, there (Y/N)..." Edd soothed tensely, patting your back just a little harshly. It became apparent to you that your green-clad friend wasn't very good at comforting people.

You clung tightly to his arm, respecting his distain of physical contact. Edd was so good to you, as a friend that is, he attempted to comfort you when you were sad, he laughed at all your stupid jokes. He was there for everything so you weren't all that surprised to find yourself falling for him.

You took to your writing again and Edd watched with a dumbfounded expression.

"If you hate it so much, why do it...?" He asked, not meaning for you to hear his softly spoken words.

But still, you heard him regardless of how quiet he was. "You just don't understand, it's more than that!" You defended.

"Th-then explain it to me...! W-we've got all day" He begged.

You sighed, but gave in. "I just... I... I just, don't want to be..." You paused to gesture wildly to the space around you, "Here..."

"W-why not? A-are you trying to tell me y-you don't like me or something?!" He panicked.

"No, no! It's nothing like that! It's just sometimes I need a break from reality, y'know?" You explained, staring deep into his almond shaded orbs, watching as the light bounced around in his eyes.

"I-I guess I just don't understand, s-sorry (Y/N)..." He mumbled, looking down at his lap.

You frowned sympathetically, "Don't apologize..." You hummed, placing two fingers under his chin and tilting his head up so he would look at you, "It's my own thing, not yours. You don't have to understand why I do it, Edd" You assured him with a light smile.

"But... But what if I want to understand?" He asked.

Your smile widened as you locked eyes with him, "Then let me show you."

"Uhm... Okay...?" It was more of a question, but it was good enough for you.

Finally, you were given the chance to show, not just anyone, but someone you loved, your world. Your world of words on paper, words that conjured feelings and faces from nothing but your own mind. This was a world truly your own, and at last, someone wanted to share it with you.

So you would share it with him, share every story, every word, every world. Hopefully, he would come to understand why you did it.

Blissful silence filled the roon for hours more. Edd watched, enraptured as you wrote. You, yourself were so caught up in your own story you had forgotten the quiet boy was even there.

Once more you grew tired and your eyes burned. So, yet again you set aside your writing and lazily crawled into Edd's lap. The chubby brunet noticeably tensed, just as you predicted he would. You were too tired to care, you needed cuddles to help you recharge from all your writing.

Much to your surprise Edd soon relaxed and carefully wrapped his arms around your smaller frame.

"W-wow..," He stammered, "Maybe hugs aren't so bad... When you're the one I'm holding..." He cooed softly, hugging onto you a little tighter.

"Y-ya?" You asked, your face heating up with the close contact, "Well you give good hugs, you should, I don't know... Hug me more often?" You suggested.

"I-I can do that... Th-that sounds nice" He hummed quietly.

You grinned coyly in realisation, "So why can I do this to you, but not others? What makes me so different?" You asked smugly.

Edd was obviously nervous about this question. You felt him begin to fidget more as he buried his face into the top of your head to avoid eye contact.

"W-well..." He started slowly, "It... You're... I..." Edd was having a hard time speaking, but you were patient, you would wait, "It-it's because... Because I... I love..."

He sighed softly, "I love you (Y/N)..." He finally squealed out.

You felt him tense in fear, probably afraid you would reject him. However rejecting him was the last thing you wanted to do.

"Oh Edd..." You hummed sweetly, shifting so your (E/C) orbs met his mocha colored gaze, "I love you, so very much." You told him, cupping his cheek.

Edd didn't need to ask for conformation, the look in your eyes said it all. So you laid in his arms, blissful and content. The story could wait, whatever reason you were writing it could wait. You just needed to spend some time here, cuddled up with your sweet, shy, boyfriend. And he needed to spend some time with you too.

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed! I'm still very sorry updates are so slow! If I could get them done faster I swear I would! I don't even know if some of you who have requested things even still read this book... But those requests will still be done regardless! I swear by it! -Daybreak