Secrets That Shouldn't Be

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 17

WARNING: there is self- harm. Do not read if this will affect you negatively.

******************

"Hiccup, we need to break up," you told your boyfriend.

He stopped what he was doing and turned to you with disbelief. "What?"

You swallowed, nervously, but repeated yourself. "We need to break up."

He stumbled the few steps towards you and stared into your (E/C) eyes, desperately wishing that you were just kidding around. "Why?" He was searching for something in your eyes, and you couldn't let him find it. No matter what.

You ducked you head. "Because there shouldn't be secrets in a relationship. Not any. Not even one."

"I'm not keeping anything-"

"I know," you interrupted him. "But I'm keeping a secret from you."

"What is it? I don't want us to break up, (Y/ N). I love you! Don't you love me?" Even without looking at him, you could tell that he was crying. The guilt of making him cry hit you like a tsunami, but you stood strong.

"I can't tell you my secret," you paused to look him in the eye, "and of course I love you, Hiccup. More than anything, but I can't be in a relationship with a secret. Especially since it's my secret."

"Please just tell me then!" he begged, his voice braking at the end. He held your hands tightly in his.

Tears slipped out of your eyes as you kissed him once more. "I'm setting you free, Hiccup. Go find someone without secrets."

You started to walk away but he pulled you back. He pulled you into a tight hug as it suddenly started to rain. The rain beat down on you like the overwhelming guilt.

"I don't want to be set free!" he wept, not caring about the rain pellets drenching him. "And I don't care if you have one or two or even a hundred secrets! I just want you, (Y/ N)! Just you. I love you! Please!"

You wept, too, as you both held each other tightly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Hiccup."

"Are you staying?"

"Yes and no. Yes, I'm staying here on Berk. No, I'm not staying with you. Not as your girlfriend, at least. But I'm willing to still be your friend." You said the last part as you pulled away.

Rain mixed with tears, but it wasn't hard to tell that he was still crying.

"Please don't hate me."

He cupped your cheeks with his hands, staring deep into your (E/C) orbs. "Never. I could never hate you." He started to lean in but stopped himself.

"Do it," you breathed, fluttering your eyes closed.

He nodded ever so slightly and gently pressed his lips to yours. The kiss started off gentle and sweet but quickly turned into one with a passion as y'all clung to each other like it was your last day of life.

One of his hands pulled at your hair while the other forced you closer to him by your neck and shoulder. Your hands found themselves gripping tightly at his upper arms, pulling him as close as possible.

Your lips stayed centimeters apart when you pulled away. Rain matted your hair and ran down your skin, making your clothes cling to you, but it didn't even matter. Nothing but the boy in your arms did.