Kindness Kills A Murderer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 21

Modern

******************

"Any last words? Say them."

"Go to Hell."

"Already here."

Gliding your knife across his throat, you steal his life from him. You watch him collapse and his eyes portray disbelief, which turned into shock, next anger, then sadness, before finally they turned into an empty eternity. He would never hold emotion in his eyes again.

You leave the scene, already knowing no evidence would lead to you. You're a twenty one year old girl. Feeble looking, with (H/ C) hair, innocent (E/C) eyes, and pink lips that easily told lie after lie without the slightest care. You had taken the lie detector test before and received a perfect score. The machine said you weren't lying, when you lied about everything after the first handful of questions you told the truth on.

A professional at her finest. A killing machine. A heartless creature. Barely, if human at all.

You learned at a young age emotions were for the weak. You watched your parents be murdered before your own five year old eyes. You were kidnapped and sold to a creep who did unmentionable things to the children he bought. You escaped when you were seven with a six year old boy. He was like a brother to you. Together, y'all hid in the shadows for two weeks before getting caught.

The boy was shot soon after y'all were caught. Your eyes widened at the sight. Your mouth screamed his name. Your voice raised in hysterics. Your tears swam down your cheeks. Your legs rushed toward him as he collapsed. Your arms gathered him closer to you. Your ears listened to his soft and final words. Your eyes watched his eyes become an empty void. Not an ounce of emotion. No pain. No sorrow. No happiness. No love.

He would never hold emotion in his eyes again.

You ended up killing two guys in a red haze. The third guy fled. That was when Kazher found you. He found the two bodies you had stolen life from and took you in. He trained you to be the best assassin the world had ever seen. Your name: The Bloody Thorn. Thorn, sharp and poisonous; blood, the liquid that gave and took life.

You had your first mission when you were eight. You surpassed Kazher's hopes in your capability. Quickly, you received more missions than anybody else. You received any toy, game, food, candy, everything you asked for, but you didn't ask for much of anything except books.

Books took you into a land where evil could be conquered. Books took you into a land where happy endings weren't just false hopes and dreams. Books were your escape.

But the deaths of a over a thousand murders soon plagued your thoughts.

By nature, you had not a harmful bone in your body. No, they were forced there. The hate. The rage. The pain. A being without a heart.

Or, maybe- just maybe- the heart was sheltered. Protected by a wall until it was time to love again.

***************

To say Kazher was shocked was an understatement. You never showed a sign of distaste in the lifestyle, the line of work. And, dare you had, just quit.

With a silent nod wearing a shocked expression, he let you walk away: alive.

Life, living as a normal person, was boring. Day in and day out, your routine was the same. Wake up, get ready for the day, go to work, plaster a semi real smile to customers, go to the park to read, go to your apartment, shower, read, eat dinner, read, go to bed. Mondays and Thursdays you went to the gym for a few hours instead of work.