Don't Be Afraid

Don't Be Afraid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At this point in time, you are 7

********************

You looked outside your window, watching a group of kids run by. An auburn haired boy followed them at a distance, hiding behind objects and eventually, under your window.

"What are you doing?" You asked, your voice slightly raspy from lack of use.

He jumped and turned to face you, startled. "N- Nothing. W- Who are you?"

"I'm (Y/ N). Who are you?"

"I'm Hiccup, son of Stoick the Vast."

"Who's that?" You blinked.

"You don't know who my father is?" You shook your head no. "He's the chief of this village, Berk. Why are you in (F/N)'s house? He doesn't have any family or friends."

"Really? He's my father."

"Your father?! His wife and child died seven years ago. His wife died during childbirth, the child died minutes afterwards."

"(M/N) died when she gave birth to me," you said.

"You call your mother by her name?" Hiccup asked, smirking a bit.

You didn't understand what he meant. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I? (F/N) calls her that. Plus, he told me I don't deserve to call her mommy, especially after killing her."

"Really? That's-"

"HICCUP!" a voice called, authority embedded.

"Coming, dad! Gotta go, bye (Y/ N)!" He ran off.

He came again every now and then. Y'all talked about anything and everything, you smiled for once, you laughed, you were happy. It always ended up in him running off at the sight of your father or another villager calling him over and away from 'crazy (F/N)'s' house before he whipped him.

One day, your father caught sight of him talking to you.

"Hiccup, you punk!" he pulled Hiccup inside the house by the collar of his green long sleeved shirt, dragging him inside, and slamming the door behind him.

"(F/N)! Let him go!" you cried, scrambling to your feet and yanking on the arms of your father as he held a frightened Hiccup in the air.

Smack! A tingling firey sensation exploded across your cheek as a force knocked you against the cold wooden floor.

"You will get your punishment later, twit!" he shouted. "But for now..." He tossed Hiccup to the ground and dragged you by your arm to a familiar tiny room.

"No! No!" you begged, fearful of the room.

He smacked you again. "Shut up, little witch!" He threw you towards the tiny room (which was less than three feet by three feet). You landed in the doorway so he kicked you a few times before closing the door, pushing you farther into the tiny room.

"(Y/ N)!" Hiccup yelled. "Leave her alone!"

"Shut your trap, boy. Now listen here, tell anyone about (Y/N) and I will kill you; tell anyone about this, I will kill you, got it?"

"Y- y- yes, s- s- sir," he stuttered.

You stood up and banged on the door. "Hiccup! Don't listen to him! Get help! Someone will protect you-"

A bang on the door shut you up. "Silence, devil," (F/N) cursed.

"No one will protect a weak, scrawny brat like you, boy. Run. Never come back. Forget about this day and you'll live your life. Tell a soul about what goes on in my house, and you'll be dead in less than an hour, you hear?" Hiccup must of nodded because you didn't hear him respond. You barely heard your father tell him "Run," before the pounding of running feet and a door slamming shut.