Chapter Four

Dani's POV
—————————————
I ordered a milkshake and sat down at a table near them. I heard Nate explaining something about how he hadn't meant to go that far. "I'm pregnant, Nate!" I heard Reece whisper at Nate, interrupting whatever he was saying about that night. I pretended to play on my phone, acting like I wasn't eavesdropping.

I couldn't hear anything for a while because they were talking pretty quietly. But after a while, I heard Nate say something about only having two options for something. I look up confused, and see Reece have the same confused look on her face.

Nate starts explaining something about how he thinks abortion is bad. I couldn't make out exactly what he said because he was talking too fast. I heard Reece say something after about agreeing with him. I leaned back against my chair, honestly shocked.

I didn't hear or see Reece get out of her chair and walk over.

"Hey," she says, coming up behind me. I almost jump out of my chair.

"Oh my gosh, don't scare me like that," I say, and give her a playful shove. She just laughs and we head out of the food court.

"So, what are you going to do with the child?" I ask Reece, breaking the awkward silence.

"I don't know. I'm not even a month pregnant. and I still have to tell my mom and sister before I start showing," she tells me.

"Well, it may be best to start with telling your sister," I tell her, stopping.

"I know Dani. I just don't know how. I'll think of something and I'll tell her tomorrow," She says, trying to reassure me.

"Okay, fine. Let's go check out some clothing stores," I tell her and we head over to Forever 21.