A Man...

"Present! What kind of present!"  Hideo asked excitedly.  

"Surprise!"  Ju Long said as he moved around Hideo to sit down at the table.  

"What kind of surprise?"  

"A surprise that you'll find out tomorrow!"  Ju Long said as a fresh cup of tea was poured for him. As he took a sip of it, he could feel his grandfather's fist aim towards his head.  Ju Long moved to the side and the fist missed his face my mere inches.  

"You!"  Hideo pouted.  "You dare dodge this Grandpa's strikes!"  

Another fist comes flying by Ju Long's other side and he moves away from the fist like a fish swimming through water.  His movements were smooth and fluid as if he wasn't even trying to dodge his grandfather's attacks.  

"You dare keep this Grandpa's present to yourself!"  

Another fist comes flying towards his back, but Ju Long had already hopped onto the table, but kept drinking the tea.  

"Your present is a surprise.  One that can only come tomorrow.  It is not like Grandson is purposefully holding your present hostage!"  Ju Long said as he drank down the rest of the tea. "Besides, what this Grandson will be giving you is worth the wait!"  

Hideo's leg came up to kick the smug Grandson, but Ju Long had already flipped back three times and was now sitting on the couch with his legs crossed in front of him.  

"I guess Grandpa does not want his present then?"  Ju Long said.  "That is fine with me.  I don't like sharing anyway and was only thinking of giving Grandpa some face with this gift, but seeing how ungrateful Grandpa is, then Grandson can only keep the present to myself!"  

"You dare not give me my present!"  Hideo shouted.  "See what happens if you dare!  I'll make sure to tell Sya of your evil face then she'll only cook for me from now on!" 

"Ha!"  Ju Long said as he sat up.  "Tell my wife what?  That her Husband is strong, smart and handsome!  As if she doesn't know already!"  

"I'll make sure she doesn't cook for you ever again!"  Hideo threatened Ju Long.  

"As if you can tell my wife what she can or can't do!  I would like to see you try!"  Ju Long said as he smiled at his Grandfather.  "She would probably chop your hand for saying bad words about her Husband!  Haven't you heard?  She collects hands as a hobby.  Prime Minister Note has a first 'hand' experience, why don't you ask him how it went?" 

"You! You!"  Hideo said as his words were stuck in his throat.  What could he say to his ungrateful grandson?  "You better give me a great surprise gift for my birthday!  This Grandpa is turning 90.  You better not disappoint this Grandpa!"  

"Ha! Ha!  Grandpa, don't expect too much."  Ju Long said as another cup of tea was poured into his empty cup by a maid.  

"I knew it!"  Hideo said as he shouted.  "You got me a gift that is really for you!  I knew it! You ungrateful child, you!"  

Hideo lost his temper and started chasing Ju Long around the room.  

"You unfilial child!  Getting a gift for me that's really for you!  Do you not think about your old, weak, and sick Grandpa at all?!"  

"Old? Weak? Sick?  Where?  Who?"  Ju Long said as he runs away.  "I don't see an old, weak and sick grandpa anywhere."  

"How dare you contradict my words!  I am your elder!"  

"You're saying lies to make yourself pitiful!"  Ju Long said as he reached the door.  "You're the least pitiful, weak, or sick Grandpa ever!  If anything, you'll live until your 200 years old just to annoy me!"  

"Ah!!!!!"  Hideo screamed as he takes off his shoe to throw it at Ju Long.  The shoe hits the door as it closes, with Ju Long perfectly safe on the other side.  Hideo knew that the moment he stepped outside, Ju Long would be long gone, without even looking back at him.  That ungrateful grandchild he raised was too strong, smart and independent for his own good.  

He would make a great Head of Wei in the future!  Hideo smiled as his hands clasped behind his back, as his chest puffs out in pride.  It was almost sunrise.  His birthday banquet would begin in six hours.  He would need to bathe and sleep before attending the party.  Hideo smiled widely before turning into his chambers.  Raising his Grandson, Ju Long, was the one of the few things he did right in his life. 

Without a Father or Mother by his side, Ju Long has grown up to be the apple in his eye.  A strong man who can stand on his own.  A smart man, who can walk by himself.  A talented man, who can depend on himself.  A dependable man, who others look up to. An honorable man, who knows the difference between right and wrong. A man, who will guide the House of Wei, into the future.  A man, he helped raise.