chapter 4

Clint is back in the Helicarrier walking towards the common room which isn't far from everyone's room.  The door slides open and he walks in.  Steven and Bruce are standing across from each other with a table between them s they arm wrestle.  Right now neither one is really winning.  Natasha is sitting in a chair, and seems to be talking to Tony as she watches the two boys go at it.  Tony is sitting on a couch not paying attention to the two.

        ''Hey there, Clint,'' Tony says looking up at him once he walks in.  ''Where have you been?  Shouldn't you be resting?''

        ''I just went for a walk around the city and went to a shooting range, that's all.''

        Tony looks away and up at the TV to read the heading on the news report.  ''Meet anyone while you were out there?'' he chuckles slightly as if he was making fun of him.

        ''Actually, yes,'' Tony looks away from the TV and over at Clint.  Natasha glances over but stays watching Steve and Bruce.

        ''Really?  Hm.  Who is she?  Is she cute?''

        Clint sits down in a chair that's beside the couch.  ''You sound surprised, but her name is Cheyenne, and I guess you could say she's cute.  I saw her at the archery range and then we go a coffee together.  She gave me her number too.''

        ''The Hawk is finally growing up.''

        The hear a slam and both look to the far side of the room at Steve and Bruce.  ''Finally!'' Steve exclaims.  ''We must have been at the for a few minutes.''

        ''Good match, Steve,'' Bruce says.  He looks over to see Clint.  ''Hey, Clint.  How is your shoulder holding up?'' pulls over a chair and sits beside the table he was just arm wrestling on.

        ''Its doing fine.  I keep forgetting that it's even wrapped.''

        ''That's goo.  You could probably stop putting a bandage on it then, but if anything happens let me know.''

        ''Got it.''

        Natasha sits side ways on the chair, with her legs over the arm and her head laying back across he other arm and her arms on her stomach.  She yawns.  ''What time is it guys?  Its got to be getting late?''

        ''Going on ten,'' Steve says looking at his watch.  Natasha sighs and closes her eyes.

        Moments later Fury is heard on an intercom in the room.  ''There's been another murder, its only a few streets down from where you were last time.  If you hurry you may be able to still catch the killer,'' a slight screech goes off indicating that he's off the speaker.

        ''Time to suit up,'' Steve says.  Everyone hurries out of the room besides Bruce.

       At the crime scene they find the body.  The man had been killed by getting his throat slit.  ''Are we sure that there is only one person behind all these murders?'' Steve says.  ''The first girl used arrows, which possibly indicated that she can't to close combat, so she wouldn't use a knife.''

        ''Well either she has many talents or else its more than one person tracking down these people,'' Tony puts out.  ''Everyone spread out, and lets try to find this murder,'' Tony flies off.

        ''Doubt that they are still around,'' Clint goes off to the east and Natasha and Steve go in different directions.

        Steve turns a corner and a blade meets his chest but the armor won't let the blade penetrate it.  He quickly reacts and grabs the arm of the blade holder and brings them around the corner and pins them to the wall so that their back is facing him.  He notices that it's the same girl as before.  Same red hair that's in a perfect bun.  Same red and black glasses.  Same black and red suit.  ''Drop your weapon,'' she just put a tighter grip on it.  He twists her arm and  she seems to wince.  ''Drop it.''

        She lifts her leg up high enough to kick him in the gut with enough power to let go of her, just for the right amount of time, so that she can get away.  He gets himself steady on his feet and he sees that she has a gun in her hand and pointed at him.

        ''Go ahead.  You're only going to waist a bullet,'' she kicks up to hit his jaw but blocks her foot with her forearm.  He goes to punch her but she dodges and runs down the street.  Steve throws his shield but she goes down an alley and the shield keeps going until his its a street light, getting stuck int he pole.  He goes down the street and goes down the alley forgetting about his shield.  He follows her going up the fire escape.  He gets to the top and she's running across when  Tony lands in front of her.  She nearly runs into him.  She takes a few steps back.  She thinks about going back but she hears Steve's footsteps.

        Tony puts his hand up and his palm lights up.  ''Back down.''

        Cheyenne makes a dash for the edge of the building to run and jump off it.  As soon as she gets to the edge, Tony blasts her and she falls off the building and in the middle on the street.  She rolls over onto her stomach and reaches for the back of her right shoulder.  Under the clothe on her face she is biting her lip trying not to shout in pain.  She feel a metallic hand grab onto the back on her neck and hoist her up.

        ''Looks like we have our killer,'' Steve stops right behind Tony with his shield in his hand.  ''Natasha.  Clint.  We have her.  We're going up to the Helicarrier soon.''