Chapter Thirteen: Valentine Is Valentine

People would have to pull each and every one of my fingernails before I even begin to agree with my father.

“Sophia, be nice,” he chided as I sat at the back of the taxi with him.

Nope, never. I may act like a child but if he thinks that I would say yes to a day alone with Kate so we could bond over wedding plans then he might as well pull off all the hair on my head.

“Why in the hell do I need to do this?” I grunted, looking out of the window, refusing to meet his gaze.

He sighed rather loudly, clearly tired of my attitude problem. After a lot of time that he had been visiting here, he came to get used to the fact that this is what I have become.

Well, he should have at least made an effort to see me so that it wouldn’t be too much of a shock. Regular skype calls were not enough for the both of us.

 “It’s just for a day,” he muttered. The taxi finally stopped in front of the hotel where he and Kate are probably testing out their activities for the honeymoon, if you get my drift.

He pulled out a few bills from his wallet and gave the driver an exact amount. We got out and I pulled down my sunglasses just in case there may be any lurking fans around.

If Adam hadn’t threw me out of my own house earlier then I wouldn’t be this hot tempered. He was even encouraging me that a day out with my father’s fiancé will be fun. Sometimes I wonder whose side he’s on.

“Kate, I’m back,” he called out when we entered their hotel room. He held the door open while I stood in the hallway with my arms crossed over my chest. He stared at me expectantly and I only lifted a brow back at him.

There’s no way I’m entering a room where they could have possible done that.

“Is Sophia there?” she asked in such a sugary voice that it made me want to gag. She appeared into view, fully dressed and ready to go.

“Hi,” she greeted, showing me a sweet smile. I only pursed my lips at her before giving my father a dry look.

He matched my glare with one of his own. He tenderly kissed his fiancé on the cheek and I made a move to look away. This is just too painful to watch.

“See you both later.”

Kate said a goodbye of her own to him. She looked at me expectantly, silently waiting for me to lead the way. Without even a word to any of them, I turned on my heel and I started to trudge down the hallway. Kate walked right behind me like a lost puppy.

Right now, she doesn’t have the protection of my father against me. Maybe I could have a little fun with her today.

We got into a taxi and went to the base of Forever and Always Bridal, the one she picked out of the many wedding planners.

I pushed the glass door open to enter the pastel themed shop. Frames of different wedded celebrities was hanged up on their walls, showing off the many high profile couples they satisfied with their business.

Ringing the bell on the front desk, a lady instantly appeared from the back door. Her eyes widened in shock as she saw me.

“Heart Valentine!” she gasped before her expression turned into one of glee, “Finally!”

Huh?

She made a quick move to hug, “I never knew it would happen so soon!”

What in the world is she rambling about?

“Excuse me,” I tried to ask. Her gaze settled on my finger and her face fell.

Oh please don’t tell me she thought that I was the one getting married.