Birthday Boy

I woke up at four in the morning to meet up with the rest of the Paladins in the kitchen for a special occasion. Why so early in the morning? Well, today is my boyfriend, Keith's, birthday and we had to wake up before him to get a little surprise for him, and that was to make him a cake. Of course we had to improvise using different ingredients since we are out in space and Earth stuff is very uncommon to find on foreign planets.

       Our goal was to make a cake before Keith woke up, which was normally around six in the morning. I knew his morning routine by heart, he'd wake up, get dressed, go to the kitchen to grab some goo, then to the training deck, and back to the castles control room. So we had to move quickly and quietly to complete this mission.

   4:15 AM

   We got the ingredients together and started to place them in a bowl, combining them by stirring until it became a thick liquid like substance.

    4:25 AM

   We started to preheat the oven and pouring the liquid into a tray, then swiping some of the cake mix off the bowl for a taste, perfect.

     4:30 AM

     The cake took a long time to bake, we all started to get anxious as the time ticked by, the mix wasn't rising.

     4:50 AM

    The cake barley started rising and we checked the time, seeing that we had an hour left until he woke, so we decided to give the kitchen a up for decorations.

       5:20 AM

    We heard an alarm go off as the monitor detected movement outside of Keith's room, I ran over to check it and he was headed straight for the kitchen, the cake wasn't ready, Hunk and Pidge were barely putting the icing while Lance, Shiro, and Coran helped Allura hang a big banner. I decided that I had to take matters into my own hands to buy some time.

        I had to distract him from coming into the kitchen.

       I ran out the kitchen and closed the door behind me, I saw him walking down the corridors, heading my way.

      "Good morning Keith... you're up early." I smiled while my back was to the door, a smile crept onto his face as he leaned down to peck me on the lips.

       "Well you weren't in bed with me when I woke up so I started to worry. You're not a morning person so it's weird for you to be up at five in the morning." He replied curtly, his eyes flickering down to my own.

     "Oh well I just got up to get some water b-because I was thirsty, haha... yeah..." I stuttered, he raised a brow and cocked his head to the side, I smiled nervously. A crash resounded from the kitchen making me flinch.

     "_________ what's going on?" Keith asked and was about to push past me until I got in front of him again, my hands on his chest.

     "Nothing!" I yelped out, and he started to look more skeptical.

     "_________, if you don't let me through right now I'm gonna-" He was inturuppted by me pinning him to the wall, slamming my lips onto his for a rough, passionate kiss. My hands roamed over his body as I tugged and bit his lower lip. I grinded slowly against his thigh and he cupped my waist in his hands. I had never in my life dominated this boy.

       Just a little while longer until they were ready, I didn't want to get Keith all worked up, it was too early on the morning and he needed to look nice instead of disheveled and heated. I heard the door open, signaling that it was ready. I pulled away from the now blushing and panting Keith.

    "_________-."

   "Close your eyes."

     He looked at me for a second before complying to the random request by putting his hands over his eyes. I pulled on the hem of his jacket to lead him to the pitch black kitchen.

     "You can open them now."

     He peeled his hands away from his face and was met with the darkness until I switched on the light, all the Paladin's wore handmade party hats and blew into kazoos.

"Happy Birthday Keith!"

     I hugged him as he froze at the sight, Allura presented the cake, a single red and white candle sitting proudly on top.

     "Make a wish, love~" I whispered, his eyes fluttered closed for a brief moment before blowing the candle, all of us cheered.

       "So this is why you woke up so early in the morning?" He asked and I smiled. "Yup!" I popped the 'p' making him smile and kiss my cheek. "You're too good for me." He replied while ruffling my hair, I giggled.

     "Oh and by the way..." Keith leaned down so his lips were by my ear, in a low whisper he said, "We are going to finish what happened earlier except we'll be in our bedroom." I gulped nervously as he kissed my temple.