Home Is Where Her Heart Is

Lance was up to mischief, and he somehow got Pidge involved. They decided to prank the Red Paladin by sneaking into his room to hide his clothes that way he would have to walk around the castle looking for them after his shower.

       "I hear water running in his room, the coast is clear." Lance gave a thumbs up to the Green Paladin who smiled evilly. The door slid open and his clothes lay neatly folded on his bed. Pidge grabbed them and stuffed them into a black fabric bag, Lance and her high fived until another idea popped up into the Blue Paladins head. "We still have time, why don't we snoop around a bit." Lance began to move around his room, looking in the empty cabinets and moving over some dirty laundry.

      Pidge shrugged and sat on the bed, watching the Cuban look around for some possible blackmail material. Something from under the pillow caught her eye, a corner of a paper peeked out from under it. She reached her hand out and grabbed it, lifting it up. Before she could even comprehend what was in the picture, the bathroom door slid open and Keith stepped our with a towel wrapped around his waist. Boy, he did not look pleased.

    "Both of you, Out now." He sent a glare at Lance, "Don't even think about pulling that stupid prank on me, besides there's nothing in here worth snooping about." The Red Paladin pointed out the door, Pidge stuffed the picture into her pocket and quickly ushered out while Lance literally got his butt kicked out of the room.

     "Sheesh, someone's in a bad mood..." Lance muttered and Pidge pulled the photo out from her pocket, analyzing it before being interuppted by the older boy butting in. "What'cha got there? Is that from Keith's room?" He asked and swiped it from the young girl, looking at it before Pidge jumped and swiped it back.

      "It's a picture I found under Keith's pillow, I don't know what it is because you keep sticking your big nose in it!" She frowned and he gasped.

"My nose is not big!"

         "Well it's good at getting in people's way!"

"...touché."

      They both looked at the picture, gasping as they did so.

     It was an image of a younger Keith holding a girl, about the same age, by the waist, looking at her lovingly while she smiled at the camera with a wide grin. She had bright {E/C} eyes, {H/L}, {H/C}, {Hair Texture} locks. She was a few inches shorter, her rosy cheeks complimenting her glowing {S/C} skin. Her eyes were squinted as wrinkles decorated the corners from her smiling so happily. She wore a beautiful creme colored sundress with matching black flats.

    Keith looked happy, and his hair wasn't styled in a Mullet, he smiled down at the girl, a soft look in his usual cold eyes. A look that seemed foreign on him.

      At the bottom left corner, there was a cursive writing that read:

      Congratulations on making it to the Garrison! I believe in you Keith, and I expect great things out of you. Best of luck, I love you!

          Love,
                     -----

      The name was smudged out due to the old age, It was nearly incomprehensible. Pidge and Lance tried to decode the name but couldn't once the door slid open, Keith standing there with his clothes on, his eyes traveled from the two Paladin's to the paper they held, his eyes widened before taking the paper away from Pidge's hands.

    "Woah Woah Woah! Keith, you have a girlfriend?! Why haven't you told anyone?" Lance was sincerely surprised and Keith shoved the worn picture into the pocket of his jacket.

      "Shiro knows about her, but no one else because it's none of their business..." Keith turned around to go back into his room before Pidge grabbed his shoulder, ceasing him.

      "What's her name?" She asked, Keith turned his head to look at her, she held a soft expression, her brows knitted together in curiosity.

      "________..." He whispered gloomily, Pidge let go of him as he walked into his room and the door slid shut behind him. The Blue and Green Paladin looked at eachother in concern before walking off, meanwhile Keith picked his pillow up and moved it aside, a small wooden box lay alone on the pristine bedsheets.

      He willed himself to open the box and pick up a few more pictures, smiling softly to himself as his digits tenderly ran across her smiling face. He saw a picture of her on his back, they laughed as the wind tousled their hair, the perfect moment caught in that photo, their happiness radiating a strong sense of hope for him. He remembered that day like it was yesterday, they decided to visit the beautiful fields of green grass with daisies sprouting in large patches, she asked for a piggyback ride to "get a better view of the flowers in a different perspective", her exact words. Keith merely rolled his eyes and laughed at her weirdness, he would give anything to be with her again.

     He picked up a golden ring, small diamonds engraved into it. Keith smiled sadly at the thought that he never had the chance to propose to her since he had been dragged into space by a giant flying robotic cat.

      He smiled sadly as he clutched the ring close to his chest.

              "I'll be home soon, _________..."