xv

❝SMILE.
That shit is contagious.❞

||warning:hello

||warning:
hello..this is my shortest chapter
ever..apologies eveyone

to my girlies
xxthelastending and Balyumruk
thanks for not abandoning me
and for the virtual x's and o's
especially the constant
reassurance..i'm actually scared
publishing this because i
haven't written anything
in a while..

You should stop.

I can't.

You must stop.

I can't.

You needed to stop.

I wouldn't want to stop.

Park Jimin knew his current fixation should end the instant it started, and yet every attempt he made to keep distance only managed to draw himself closer. Not close enough. Not yet. It was too early to proceed and careful timing is vital to reach his intent. Every calculated plans, present progress included, will become nothing if the wheels should be turned in haste. Slow but sure. His years in medicine has imprinted those words deep within his consciousness and they held their merit. 

He can wait. For now.

Be satisfied with what you have. He reasoned to the strong want slowly clawing out its way to the surface. Logic over caprice. Acting on impulse will do him no benefit at this point and the probability of failure might increase ten folds if ever he were to give in – and he wasn't even halfway done.

Patience. Patience. Patience. With much reluctance, Jimin averted his gaze from across the room and focus to what he should be doing instead. Picking up the red biro, he leafed through the idle pile of research papers, essay sheets and the like, long overdue to be read and marked. Not a single page was touched as he was too engrossed staring over the subject of his attention.

It came to the point of obsession that his early Friday mornings were spent in the university library just to satiate his compulsive desire. There was a wee bit of indulgence, even just by watching from afar. And that was all that he can do - at least for now.

As per usual, he was seated by the alcove at farthest corner, where he can silently do what he came to do out in the open without being too obvious. Today, however, the place was unusually brimmed, making him shift all his attention to the tedious task of reading his advisory class' preliminary thesis outlines. What joy.

Displeasure was clearly written on his lopsided face, the doctor guessed as much as to what the thick reams of soft-bound paper contained. Heaps of shit, figuratively. No, that was not an exaggeration of some sort nor an excuse to avoid work. A week prior, one of his student advisee copied a whole excerpt from Wikipedia in verbatim and took credit of it, it would have been less of a shame if he chose a better reference site to plagiarise. So, it will not be much of surprise for him if he reads copy-pasted information from eHow and AsktheDoctor.com. Deciding to put his critiques to words, he reluctantly opened the first page of what he called medical abomination.