7. New Bonds

Happy reading

At Malhotra Mansion

After returning home, Manik locked himself inside his room. Why? Let's peep in.

(This time Cabir didn't accompany him as he wanted to give some time to Manik to sort out his thoughts)

Manik's pov

Nandini is back. Yes, my Nandu is back. Ok, I am not in love as yet but there is something in this girl which draws me towards her. As the most eligible boy of my school every girl's attention used to be on me. But this girl somehow managed to draw my attention towards her. Nandini, the girl who is always either into her books or in her thoughts. Who thought that the girl who used to sit silently in the class could create a whole chaos in my life, in my heart so much so that in all those years when she was somewhere in between her books, my mind, my heart was virtually with her all the time. Yes, I never had any girlfriend. In fact no girl even tried to make me feel the way my heart feels when it feels Nandini around. Nandini. (A small smile crept on his face)

No, I am not in love, not yet but I would love to fall in love with her again and again till eternity. You might think me as some crazy guy but let me tell you, for being in love with a person you need to know the person. But this girl has always kept herself as some kind of mystery that I do't know anything about her except her name and yeah that she loves books, since I have found her a numerous time in our library.

But something ached inside me after seeing her close to Abhimanyu. Yes, I told Cabir that I would leave her if she is in a relationship with Abhimanyu, but, am i really willing to do that? Will I be ever able to forget her? Only time could tell that.

And he slept thinking about Nandini only to meet her again in his dream.

Next morning

Nandini's house

Abhimanyu was sitting in the living room waiting for Nandini as she was getting ready. Both of them left for office and Abhimanyu dropped her till her cabin and went to his cabin.

As soon as he settled down in his chair, Cabir barged into his cabin.

Abhi : bhai, kaha aag lag gayi?

Cabir : Kaminey

Abhi : Manik ke saath break up ho gaya kya ki tu subah subah mere piche pad gaya?

Cabir : Haha very funny. I have to ask you something

Abhi : shoot

Cabir : Who is Nandini? You haven't mentioned any friend of yours with that name?

Abhi : Cabir tujhe yaha nahi, CBI mein kaam karna chahiye tha. You have a bright future my boy.

Cabir : baat ghuma mat. Sach bata or else I have my sources.

Abhi : bhai serious mat ho. You are right, she is not my friend but before that tell me something.

Cabir : What?

Abhi : How do you find Nandini as in do you think she is the right person for being Manik's p.a

Cabir : I don't know. I haven't met her yet. But she is selected matlab she might have impressed Manik right?

Abhi : That's great.

Cabir : Ab bata who is she?

Abhi : She is my sister.

Cabir : What..sister? Why didn't you tell before?

Abhi : I don't want Manik to give her this job only because she is my sister.

Cabir : (dancing inside in happiness) aapki manokamna puri hui putr.

Abhi : dhanyawad baba Cabir.

Cabir : arey call her. I want to meet her.

Abhi : ok.

In Nandini's cabin :

Nandini : It's still 9 and there's still half an hour more time for Manik to come. What am I supposed to do till then?

Tring Tring

Nandini : Hello

Caller : Pehchano tho mujhe, main kon hun jaaneman?

Nandu : Abhimanyu, its office.

Abhimanyu : Isiliye landline par call kiya baby doll.

Nandu : Why did you call?

Abhimanyu : kyun mein aise hi call nahi kar sakta kya?

Nandu : Abhi

Abhimanyu : Acha don't shout. Come to my cabin. I want you to meet someone. Bye.

Nandu : par.. kaat diya? (I hope its not Manik)

Abhi's cabin -

Cabir : dude, what's up with you and these names?

Abhi : vo actually this girl lives a very dull life. Always into her books. So I call her with these names to make her life a bit lively. Trust me, this irritates the shit out of her aur mujhe mazaa aata hai.

Cabir : (tujhe mazaa aata hai aur waha koi aur gusse se lal ho jata hai)

knock knock

Abhi : Nandu, come in.

Nandu comes in.

Abhi : You needn't knock baby doll.

Nandu show him eyes as she noticed someone else's presence.

Abhi : Acha fine. Mujhe ghurna band kar. And ya meet him. He is cabir. My bro, friend and another boss of yours.

Nandu looks at him and identifies him as the person with whom she had an accident with.

Nandu : Sorry sir for yesterday. I was in my own thoughts.

Cabir : Ok, but to accept your apology I want you to do something in return.

Nandu and Abhimanyu looked confusedly

Nandu : Yes sir, anything to accept my apology.

Cabir : Call me bhai.

Nandu : what?

Cabir : yes please, I don't have any sister. Be my little sister, will you?

Nandu : Oh..okay (hesitatingly)

Cabir : (taking her in a side hug) dekhna princess, this bhai won't let any evil come near you. I will protect you from everyone (in her ears — including abhimanyu)

Nandu giggles, abhi frowns

Abhi : Yeh kya khusur pusur chal raha hai?

Cabir : That's our secret. Haina Nandu

Nandu nods and checks her watch. She realises that she is getting late as she ha to go and bring Manik's coffee.

Nandu : bhai, Abhi I am getting late. Manik sir had asked me to meet him in the morning.

Cabir, Abhi : bye princess, bye baby doll. Take care.

Please do vote and comment.

Suggestions are welcome. You can comment what are you expecting further.

How do feel this story is going? Should there be any changes done?