Chapter 9

Tris POV

Uriah and Abbie come into the room, Abbie holding a duffel bag.
"Thank you." I say to both of them.
Uri smiles at me and Abbie takes no notice.
"Zeke's awake by the way." I say, this time mainly to Uri.
He nods and sits in the seat next to Zeke's bed. Abbie just sits on the floor, her back against a wall.
"Little brother. How's the girlfriend doing? Still moody?" Zeke croaks.
Uriah's about to say something when Abbie pipes in, in her usual sarcastic tone, "I'm fine, thanks."
Uriah chuckles as Zeke blushes, "Well, not around me. How you doing?"
"My head hurts a bit but I'll live. I should be out in a hour or so." Zeke replies, his voice getting stronger.
"Good. Why don't you get changed? Me and Abbie sorted you out a bag."
"Okay. Thanks little bro."
With that, Zeke slowly manoeuvres himself into a siting position, then gets himself up.
"Do you want me to help?" I ask, concerned about his slowness.
"Ahhhh yes please."

I nod and guide Zeke into the bathroom.
"Do you want me to help you shower?"
"If you don't mind."
I nod and kiss his cheek. I turn the shower on and help Zeke in. I wash his body and hair, rinse off the soap and get him out and dry.
"Okay, let's see what clothes they got you."
I pull out a muscle t-shirt and black joggers. I help Zeke into them then guide him back on to the bed.

Just as he gets the most comfortable he can, his nurse comes in.
"You're free to go, Mr Pedrad."
He smiles at the nurse and I help him off the bed. Once we all get out of the infirmary, Abbie and Uriah go towards the training room and me and Zeke go back towards my apartment.