half / 7

If there was another way around to keep my self-control, I would delightedly take that prospect. However, the circumstances at hand was so revolting to the extent that I wanted to just turn to dust and crawl through the gap of the door to escape this reality. The unforeseen pause due to the astonishing turn of event entombed my capacities to think straight. Some universal force must be punishing me for leading me into this small room with the girl who made my high school life so problematic.

Why?

There were a lot of reasons why I detested this girl and what was happening this night fired up the rising emotion within me. The alcohol in my system was not helping at all. I really had a lot and that was not a good indication. Usually, I would distract myself from drinking too much because I always had to take care of my girls. They were always my responsibilities and you could say I was the mother in the group. Bailey would be the father for handling us in terms of life and knocking wisdom. Arisa and Tiana were our children for being immature and unpredictable all the time.

But this night was unlike. I was nowhere in the right mind and that was because of this girl in front of me.

The air between us felt like a ton of bricks. The doors of the basement muffled the music from outside. We were in our own world, trapped by any means. I clenched my fist hard as I recalled what occurred between us— the body shot. Especially, the kiss.

"I can see your nose flaring from here," she firstly remarked, cutting the silence between us.

My jaw tensed. My stony eyes eager to bore holes into hers. In fact, I wanted to drill those two orbs until she go blind. I didn't want her to see me at this state—coated by animosity yet in weakness. I wanted her to see me so refine and without fault in my skin. I had to be superior in every aspect in her eyes to see.

"Sit with me," she added, waving her hand like I was a trainable dog. "If you wanna hear why they locked us both here."

Tilting my head back, I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a drained sigh. I pressed my palm on my hip and then just regarded the lampstand at the corner of the room. It could be a tool for slaying a bimbo but it was only our source of light. The room was dimmed but I still could see the frame of her body from where I was standing, her shady presence.

Disregarding her, I just seated on the floor, knees up and arms around them. It wasn't like the strangers who grabbed me and put me into this freaking cell was willing to let us free anyway. I could hear them murmur outside, probably guarding us from whoever wants to save us from here.

"Suit yourself," Khloe muttered and sunk into her own spot.

Silence...

Yeah, I was raging inside but I was too exhausted to even start an argument. I knew better than to coil myself and retaliate. Taking a glance, I acknowledged her little movement. She was enjoying sucking her lollipop as if this situation was normal. Well, there was no normal about Khloe since the time I considered her existence.

I originally encountered her during first year at our school Halloween party. She was clad of dark robe during that moment as she questioned why the school had chosen Arisa as the best costume for the female category. And the crowd surprisingly agreed with her. Since then, I avoided her as much as I could but her very own presence flooded the place due to her infamous pranks and hoaxes. And in addition, she always loved to make fun of my best friend which includes me.