Haruno Sakura

It was a typical cold day in Konoha. The streets were full of people, and life was running as usual. Sakura wore her scarf, put on a leather coat, and made her way to the hospital to start her work. Nobody can ever take their eyes off Sakura when she walks past them with her sweet smile and confident attitude. Every guy in the village, old and young, is so into her. A girl full of beauty, personality, and skills.
As Sakura enters the hospital, everyone including patients, can't help but greet her cheerfully. She is always there for everyone and doesn't hesitate to help them anytime with a wide smile.
However, that day was different. Walking to her office, Sakura had a different feeling—like she wasn't welcome. Everyone was giving her the looks as if she did something very bad, but she was sure it was not the case, so she shrugged it off, assuming it was just a feeling. She shook her head and entered her office to get ready for work, but was shortly joined by Shizune who came in after her.

"Oh! Good morning Shizune!" Sakura greeted with a wide smile.

"Bad news!" Shizune panicked "What happened? What did you do?"

"How about I ask you that? What's wrong? What have I done?"

"Sakura! An arrest warrant is given to you" Shizune broke the news

"An arrest warrant? Stop messing around"

"Do I look like I'm messing around? You're accused of killing Jiraya" Shizune explained.

"What? Jiraya is fine; I saw him just yesterday"

"That was yesterday, now he's no more" Shizune panted as she spoke "Sakura you must do something before you're behind bars"

Sakura couldn't believe she'd actually be accused of such horrible deed. She's always been known for her humanitarian work, why would anyone accuse her of such things? Why her? Shizune kept insisting she did something, and it made Sakura aware of the criticality of the situation. She immediately grabbed her bag and flew out of the hospital, going to the only person she thought would stand by her side.

Once there, she started knocking repeatedly until she heard his voice from behind the door.

"Wait a sec, I'm coming" Kakashi said while opening the door "Oh! Hi Sakura"

"Sensei! What's going on? Why am I accused of killing Jiraya? Why would I kill him?"

"Wow wow! Sakura, slow down" Kakashi gestured "what is this about?"

"Jiraya was found dead, and I'm the number one suspect for God knows what reason"

"What? How did this happen? Why would you be accused?"

"I don't understand either. Shizune said they found proof, but I don't know any othe details and I'll be busted soon" Sakura panicked "you're not leaving me alone in this, right?"

"Yeah! Of course, I'll go to Tsunade's office to see what's happening, meanwhile you stay here at my place. And don't reveal your presence"

Sakura did as her sensei told her, but deep inside she felt that something bad was about to happen.

"Sakura, what's this trouble? How are you going to get out of it?" she talked to herself while walking nervously in Kakashi's living room "There's no way I'm letting them get me, I'm leaving this place right away."

She immediately headed back to her house to pack, and she made her way out of the village. Tears were blurring her vision, she couldn't believe it was really happening to her. She kept jumping from tree to tree, clueless about where she was actually heading, but it seemed like it had already been decided. Her destination seems to have already been planned for her. It wasn't her plan, but she was unknowingly following it.

In the meantime, Kakashi stormed inside Tsunade's office, seeking answers for the ravaging news.

"Lady Tsunade! What's this fuss?" Kakashi said to Tsunade.

"There's no way I'm letting this slide, I know my disciple and colleague too well" Tsunade threatened

"Well, she's my disciple too, that's why I'm here" Kakashi said "Can we re-investigate?"

"That's what's going to happen, and this time I'll lead"

"Is it going to change anything? I mean it's an obvious scheme, a simple re-investigation won't do even if you lead it"

"I'll have to make my own scheme too." Tsunade narrowed her eyes "anyway, where's she now?"

"At my place" kakashi said.

"We should take her somewhere safe, she'll be caught soon"

The conversation ended, but what they didn't know was that Sakura had already left to find a safe place for herself.