Birthday Banquet (2)

"Oh?"  Hideo said as he sat up.  The one gift he was looking forward to and his unfilial grandson waited until the very end to be the last one to present him, his surprise gift!  The audacity of him!  Hideo reminded himself to give a good beating to the unfilial grandson, it would be his birthday gift to himself!  Hideo smiled wickedly at his amazing thoughts that he missed out on the first few words that Ju Long had said.  

"As this Grandson planned this banquet for Grandfather's 90th Birthday, this Grandson worked hard every day and night so Grandfather would celebrate this day with happiness and without worry."  Ju Long said as he walked out from his seat to walk in front of the table.  "This Grandson cannot give you expensive gifts like Father and Naoko.  This Grandson can only pay you back with filial piety by giving you the respect you deserve as not only the Head of Wei, but my Grandfather who raised me."  

Ju Long said as he kowtowed three times towards his Grandfather.  Ju Long gave Hideo the ultimate respect and honor a grandchild or young person should give towards their grandparent or elder.  The elders nodded their head in agreement, to kowtow to his Grandfather in front of everyone there, was the greatest gift a young person could give to his elder.  He showed everyone, that he respected, honored and cherished Hideo with his simple actions.  

Hideo laughed boisterously as he waved his hand for Ju Long to stand.  

"Stand!  Stand!  You have showed this Grandfather your great gift and this Grandfather accepts it wholeheartedly!"  Hideo said as he smiled warmly at his grandson.  Maybe he won't beat Ju Long so bad, since he kowtowed to him in front of everyone.  Just maybe....  

"Grandfather, my present to you has not ended."  Ju Long said as he bowed once more.  "The greatest gift a son can give a father, is the birth of another son.  And that son, in turns gets married so he too, can give birth to a son. The continuation of family and blood of kin, is the greatest gift a son or grandson could show filial piety to their elders.  This Grandson has prepared this gift with great difficulty and today, this Grandson would like to introduce to you, your Granddaughter-in-law!"  

Everyone gasped in surprise as the musicians begins to play the wedding music.  The strings on the guzheng were plucked as the horn begins to blow.  The drums begins to beat loudly as the red carriage with six white horses was being pulled with 50 of Ju Long's personal guards, all dressed in red, marched towards the celebration hall, protecting the woman in the carriage.  Behind the red carriage, were carriages upon carriages that were piled high with boxes as her dowry.  

Everyone stood up and all craned their neck to the side to see the magnificent procession.  Everyone started whispering at the same time, who is the lucky lady that Duke Ju Long has chosen as his wife?  Who's daughter was not there during the celebration?  Who was the lucky family was would now be tied to the Wei Clan?  

Hideo's eyebrow twitched at the announcement.  The unfilial fool is going to marry some random girl without his consent! Ha!  As if he would let the fool ruin his own life because of his youthful foolishness!  Only Ju Long will have enough guts to marry his random girl on his birthday banquet!!  

The carriage stopped and a young servant woman steps out first helping the young lady in all gold and red step out.  The dress moved along with the wind as it blew, creating a beautiful scene as if she glided across the walkway instead of walking on it.  A red silk see-through veil covered her features, but everyone could still see the beauty under it.  Her phoenix eyes were lowered, just enough to make her look demure and ladylike.  Her lips held a shy smile as she walked along, as if she was humbled by Ju Long's marriage to her.

Her headdress was gold with dangling peonies and lilies that swung with each movement, causing everyone to become entranced with her.  

Hideo's mood suddenly changed when he saw the young maid who helped along the bride.  His heart soared with happiness as he realized belatedly that his Grandson would only marry the only woman he claimed to be his 'Wife'.   

Ju Long walked halfway across the banquet hall to receive Sya.  

"Wife."  Ju Long said as he took her hand.  "You are more beautiful that I could ever imagine."  

If Ju Long raised the red veil over her face, he would see Sya blush red with innocence.  Ju Long lead the way back towards his Grandfather and Hideo sat up straighter.  He could easily tell that the woman was the Lady Sya of Baozhai Restaurant.  His smile finally broke through as Ju Long and Sya bow to him.  

"Please Grandfather, let this great day of your birth, be this Grandson's wedding day."  Ju Long said.  

"Em!"  Hideo said proudly as he agreed.  "This is the greatest gift anyone has given me! Bring out the priest!"  

Ken, Xiu and Naoko frowned immediately.  They spent a fortune on Hideo's present so they could show off in front of everyone, their thoughtful yet expensive gift.  They thought it would win Hideo's favor and he'll introduce Naoko to his friends and connections.  But that bastard Ju Long took away their spotlight and now he's marrying a nobody into the Wei Clan!  As if they would let that little nobody become the Lady of Wei! 

Ju Long broke into a genuine smile as he stared down at Sya.  He held both of her hands in his, tightly. 

"Before all who is noble and royal in this country, before all the Gods and the only person who matters to this Duke, this Duke has made you, my Wife."