Activity Log 2: Failure and Success pt.1

1st POV

I woke up with a headache, as if I was knocked out. I then realised that I'm on a hospital bed, but belted on with thick carbon mixed leather. They were stronger than normal leather. I struggled, only to find out that it was hopeless. They said something about making me turn into a military weapon, and have my DNA mixed with a wolf's. A female scientist tried to warn this general that it wont work and can actually kill me, putting an end to my immortality.

3rd POV

The prisoner, tied up to the hospital bed, just waited for the operation to begin. Nobody was in the room but him. Moments later, surgeons came into the room with tablets on the palm of their hands while talking about the procedure. The female scientist came in after them. She walked over to the hospital bed and came closer to the patient. "I'm so sorry about this." she apologized. "I'm just doing my job. If I don't do this, they'll kill me and my family." she broke down into tears but a shush was heard from the tied up patient/prisoner. "Shhh... It's okay, just do what you need to do. Let's just hope this procedure goes well for you. And don't hesitate cutting me open like peeling a banana, I've experienced worse." he joked. This lit the scientist's face with relief, but still quite don't understand why he would just accept the procedure that might potentially kill him.

"Thank you." she said. Just when she was about to start the surgery, she turned back to him and ask her last question. "What's your name?" "It's Eli, Eli Soshi. And you are?" "I'll tell you if you survive this operation." she teased. Everything suddenly blacked out for Eli. He didn't like the little tease the female scientist did, but she said she'll tell her name if he survives.

The female scientist took away the syringe that once went through Eli's neck. She took a deep breath and can finally start the procedure. "All right, people. Let's make a weapon.". She connected the IV to Eli's wrist and another IV on the other wrist. The IV glowed blue when it had contact with his blood, giving a perfect sign for the surgeons to replace Eli's normal legs with a wolf's, but slightly bigger. The general was watching the ongoing operation behind a shock/bullet proof two-sided mirror. He had a smile on his face, an indication that his hard work had finally paid off. Well, almost.

The surgeons made deep open cuts on Eli's legs, carefully detach the bones of his feet, leaving huge space in it for the wolf's hind legs to come in. A doctor handed over the bones of the hind legs to two doctors, one on the right and one on the left. They carefully put the bones inside and reconnect the joints with the help of Eli's healing ability. The doctors didn't need to stitch the legs because of that.

However, the surgery wasn't finish, they had to enhance his brain as well. More precisely, the frontal lobe (reasoning, planning, parts of speech, movement, emotions, and problem solving), parietal lobe (movement, orientation, recognition, perception of stimuli), occipital lobe (visual processing), and temporal lobe (perception and recognition of auditory stimuli, memory, and speech). Not only that, they had to enhance his nerve cells, too. And more importantly, the neocortex (The neocortex occupies the bulk of the cerebrum. This is a six-layered structure of the cerebral cortex which is only found in mammals. It is thought that the neocortex is a recently evolved structure, and is associated with "higher" information processing by more fully evolved animals (such as humans, primates, dolphins, etc).

While neurologists and more brain surgeons take care of that, the female scientist is figuring out the tail for balance and how to attach it on Eli.

to be continued on part 2 of chapter 2