Missing-nin

Sakura knows exactly how her village's government works. She knows that murder cases run out of mercy, and she was accused of a big one. She thought it's pointless to stay in Konoha and let herself be imprisoned without being able to do anything to find the truth.

She packed her necessities and headed towards the woods, aiming to go as far as she could. She kept running so fast in the forest until she felt two chakras approaching her. She tried to shrug it off at first, thinking they're some random travellers, but they kept following and getting closer to her each passing second. She abruptly stopped and hid herself behind a huge tree to see who's coming. When she was about to have a sneak peek, she felt a presence right behind her. Whoever it was, they must be very skilled. Even though she is insanely skilled at distinguishing chakras, she couldn't quickly distinguish that one. Before she could even turn around to see who it was, she got knocked out and fell from above the tree.
Sakura usually reacts quickly, but the attack this time was too rapid that she couldn't do a thing.
Before reaching the ground, she was held by a familiar figure she'd never thought she'd encounter. She got confused that couldn't understand what exactly happened. Coming back to reality, Sakura saw the person right in front of her and her eyes went wide. She heard him saying "What do you think you're doing, Kisame?".

"N-no way!" Sakura stuttered"Uchiha Itachi?!"

"You seem quite popular" Kisame teased "Even this girl knows you"

"She sure does, we come from the same village after all" Itachi responded.

"Why are you here? I mean why did your friend attack me and why did you save me?" Sakura asked in a shaky tone.

"Because you're needed" Itachi said as he used his sharingan on Sakura.

**Timeskip**

"Now what do you have to say about this Lady Tsunade?" the council member Homura said "you still think your trustworthy disciple is innocent? She's an Akatsuki member"

"How was that confirmed?" Kakashi asked

"She, herself, announced her membership" Homura said.

"But we still should----" Tsunade said before being interrupted.

"No buts. Until you prove it otherwise, I demand, declaring Haruno Sakura a missing-nin" Homura shouted.

Tsunade was too stunned to speak further. Sakura being an Akatsuki member was news to her and to Kakashi that neither of them could do anything. They now have only one way, and it's to do as the council said. Prove otherwise.

They immediately left the room without a word but with tonnes of questions. The council members cannot recklessly accuse Sakura of being an Akatsuki member without a solid proof. If they brought up such accusation, there had to be something fishy going on and neither Tsunade nor Kakashi won't do nothing about it. But before they could plan anything to help Sakura, the question that bothered them the most was how was the announcement made.